Sunray Ventures is an African venture builder, addressing Africa’s core opportunities and challenges, by building and growing high-impact companies that are leaders in their respective fields. Sunray Ventures currently works in three different verticals.
We are currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Head of Customer Success
Daystar Power Group is a pan-African provider of solar power solutions, offering its systems on a Power Purchase Agreement (PPA), fixed monthly fee lease or buy-out basis. All our solutions are accompanied by comprehensive maintenance services, to ensure the solutions run 365 days a year. We are currently operational in Ghana and Nigeria. We are currently seeking a new Head of Customer Success to manage the operation and maintenance of our sites, resulting in a 99% uptime or better. And ensuring our customer experience is world class, resulting in a Net Promoter Score of 70 or above.
As Head of Customer Success, you will build, lead, and inspire Daystar Power’s Customer Success team. In addition, you will spearhead the implementation of best-in-class Success processes, to ensure customer happiness as Daystar Power scales.
You should enjoy digging into analytics to guide data-driven decision making, but also be comfortable engaging directly with key customers as the ‘face of Daystar Power’. You will be based in Lagos initially and report directly to Daystar Power Group’s Chief Operating Officer.
Operations and Maintenance:
- Ensure uptime of 99% across all sites
- Remotely monitor and track each site’s performance
- Schedule and execute site maintenance activities
- Supervise site operation to detect and resolve issues swiftly
- Manage spare parts and repairs as needed
- Execute warranty claims on equipment with early failure
- Manage site expenses to ensure profitability.
- Ensure a net promoter score of 70 or above across all customers
- Research, design, and implement a mixture of “tech-touch” and “people-touch” processes to ensure we maintain customer delight as we continue to rapidly scale our customer base
- On-boarding of new customers to ensure smooth transition into using daystar power’s products and service
- Produce comprehensive Success reports and analyses for senior management and customers
- Implement and continually optimize the use of a CRM to capture key metrics that guide Success activities
- Manage contract obligations between Daystar Power and client.
- Create and operate a call centre.
- Research and deploy new technology onto sites to improve uptime, reduce operating costs and increase Net Promoter Score.
- Develop a Customer Success team hiring plan and define the ideal team structure; then, continue the build out of a best-in-class Success organization and culture
- Ensure the Success team has tools and processes in place for maximum effectiveness
- Collaborate with multiple Daystar Power sub-teams (e.g., Sales, Project, Legal) to coordinate smooth customer transitions between the sub-teams and promote a seamless customer experience
- Research new best practices in the developing field of Customer Success and implement these key trends into Daystar Power’s Success initiatives
- Provide input on the design and prioritization of new features and services based on a thorough understanding of our clients, technology, and competition
- Master's degree in Management (MBA) or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Information Technology
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience managing relationships with business customers, preferably with a software product; demonstrated track record of managing and nurturing B2B customer relationships and retaining accounts in a start-up context, a strong plus
- Prior experience in a management position on a Customer Success team;
- Prior experience in a management position on a Field Service team;
- Prior knowledge of the solar or power industry a plus;
- Demonstrated attention to detail and extraordinary oral and written communication skills required. Applicant materials will be assessed according to this requirement.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously at various stages
- Comfortable representing Daystar Power at industry events and with existing clients
- Comfortable with technology and technical products
- Demonstrated proficiency and comfort with data analytics and Business Intelligence software suites, a strong plus
- Self-starter with enthusiasm for a fast-paced, high-performing start-up work environment
- Experience living and working in an emerging market, a plus
- French language proficiency, a plus
- Opportunity to work in a forward-looking, innovative company, with international group of colleagues;
- Unlimited career opportunities – depending on achievements and personal development;
- A competitive salary and benefits package with long term prospect in a fast growing company.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sunray Ventures career website on sunray.workable.com to apply