Operations Manager at Girl Effect
Posted on: 21 November, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Girl Effect
Girl Effect, is an organisation working to break the cycle of inter-generational poverty. We do this by investing in programmes for girls, connecting girls to each other to amplify their voices, and brokering access to the critical assets girls need. We drive behaviour change by harnessing media in innovative ways and building social networks to shift girls perceptions of themselves and how others value them.
Context of the Role
- We are looking for a dynamic and self-motivated team player to take responsibility of the day-to-day administration of the Girl Effect Nigeria (GEN) Office.
- You will be responsible for leading and managing all operational matters including IT, procurement, logistics, assets, security, HR management and general administration. To be successful in this role you will also provide ongoing recommendations on how systems and processes can be improved and implement these changes.
The role will include:
- Line Management responsibilities for the Operations Specialist.
- Close liaison with the Girl Effect London Operations Manager on key operational activities.
What You'll Do
The Operations Manager plays an important role within the GEN team and will lead on the following areas:
- Lead on all procurement of goods and services for GEN in accordance with our procurement policy holding, best practice and value for money.
- You will work proactively with our Security Partner to ensure the security management of our Team is robust for the work that we do. This includes (but not limited to), providing duty of care for staff, updating security SOP's, policies and procedures; undertaking risks assessments of the facilities that we use and confidently provide security briefing to travelling staff and arriving visitors.
HR Administration & Office Management:
- You will bring your skills and experience to bear to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the HR and office management functions. This includes supervising the day-to-day running of the office; recruitment processes for all in-country positions; updating local staff policies and procedures as required; preparing quarterly work plans for the Finance-Operations team; oversee and manage our IT infrastructure; regular reviews of our running costs for cost saving and value for money opportunities.
- Asset & Inventory Management - Manage and maintain the asset / inventory register ensuring all new assets are recorded, physically labelled and safely kept.
- Effective management of the operations budget with effective forecasting and expenditure; lead on reviewing and updating all local GEN contracts and procurement; negotiate with consultants/service providers to ensure value for money on all our expenditure; work with the Gender team and Girl Safeguarding Advisor; participate in all strategic planning, budget reforecasting, training, team building and related activities of the Girl Effect Nigeria team and contribute to the overall development of the organisation.
- Other duties as agreed with your Line Manager.
Who You Are:
- You will be educated to at least degree level in Administration, Management or another related field and have 5+ years’ experience working in a similar role for an International NGO or other organizations with a global remit.
- You will join us with a strong history of managing teams in all aspects of office administration including procurement, administrative support, finance, event/workshop management and IT.
- You will possess excellent personal organisational skills and be self-motivated with excellent team-working capabilities.
- You have a good level of spoken and written English with an ability to communicate well at all levels.
- You are a great multitasker and able to work with limited supervision.
- You are positive and energetic and are culturally aware and respectful - curious and sensitive about the cultures in which we operate.
- You will have a commitment to realising the potential of girls, and to the vision and values of Girl Effect
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Girl Effect career website on www.girleffect.org to apply
- Know More About Girl EffectSimilar Jobs
- Executive Assistant at KraksTV
- Personal Assistant to the CEO at Enyo Retail & Supply
- Personal Assistant to the CEO at Owens and Xley
- Deputy Registrar (Operations) at Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN)
- Registrar/Chief Executive at Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN)
- Managing Director at KPMG
- Female Document Controller at Ascentech Services Limited
- Finance and Admin. Officer at Dillon Consultant Nigeria Limited