Livelihood and Evaluation Officer at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
Posted on: 20 November, 2018
Deadline: 29 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at The Adventist Development and Rel
The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. Through an international network, ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 130 countries-regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, or religious association. By partnering with communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to improve the quality of life of millions through 9 impact areas.
Livelihood and Evaluation Officer
- To provide support to programme livelihoods and environmental management activities that effectively meets food security and access to SAFE Energy needs.
- Contribute towards the development of a wide variety of projects, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider humanitarian guidance for accessibility to Safe energy worldwide and livelihoods as outlined by the North East Nigeria Food Security and livelihoods sector/cluster.
- Provide project management support to programmes particularly Accessing cooking Energy to a considerable size ensuring a coordinated approach with wider range of activities that complies with ADRA standards and procedures as set in the program design.
- Develop and coordinate with the MEaL office on data gathering and monitoring systems ensuring that rigorous quality food security and livelihoods standards are maintained.
- Research and analyze a range of policy and operational issues to inform the development of livelihood and environmental management activities are implementation.
- Contribute to the preparation of accurate and timely reporting on programmes and activities that enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders.
- Liaise with internal and external counterparts to ensure effective collaboration, monitor ongoing projects and highlight potential risks to project delivery.
- Support the identification, development and management of potential partnerships to collaborative working leading to improved food security and livelihoods assistance.
- Guide and supervise more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with analysis and queries in food security, environment and livelihoods sectors.
- Contribute to resources mobilization efforts for ADRA projects, including clearly articulating the need for food security and livelihood and resilience and related programme opportunities that would scale up accessibility to SAFE Energy, and follow up on the resource situation of projects.
- Advice and support the development of functional training in areas of expertise to enhance the capacity of ADRA staff and beneficiaries to design and deliver effective production of SAFE Energy utilities like Stoves, Briquettes and others at low costs within the communities aimed at creating resilience programmes.
- Support in selection of transfer modality that would boost the livelihoods of the targeted beneficiaries through ability to analyze and consolidate quantitative and qualitative information from different sources (e.g., market studies).
- Support in the translation of understanding of programme principles in emergencies and protracted conflict situations into relevant, effective, and context specific approaches to generate food security and livelihoods activities.
- Liaise with the concerned authorities, partners and other stakeholders especially government local authorities on livelihoods and environment management and resilience building activities.
- Undertake project identification, development, monitoring and technical supervision of livelihoods and environmental management projects
- Assess the training needs of relevant staffs and beneficiaries and support the design and implementation of appropriate capacity development training.
- Prepare regular implementation progress reports on SAFE Energy accessibility, production and utilization and livelihoods activities.
- Contribute to documenting lessons learnt and best practices in accessibility to SAFE Energy and livelihood, and resilience building programming in the area of operation and surrounding communities.
Standard Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Agri-business, Environment management, Agro-economics, Business Entrepreneurship, Livelihood/Agriculture And Livestock Development/ Natural Resources Management/ SWC/ Irrigation, International Development, with a minimum of 3 years of related work experience and/or trainings/courses.
- Knowledge of one of the local languages i.e Kanuri/Hausa is an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications in English only, through: firstname.lastname@example.org
- For back ground checks -On your CV, please include three (3) professional references with their name, title, company, relationship to you, email address, and telephone number)
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability and sexual orientation. Qualifying female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Recent Jobs from The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Program Manager at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Gender and Protection Officer at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Officer-Safe Energy and Livelihoods at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Project Accountant at The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)
- Know More About The Adventist Development and Relief Agency (ADRA)Similar Jobs
- Livelihood Project Manager at INTERSOS
- Project Manager - CCCM/Shelter at INTERSOS
- Program Assistant at Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation
- Technical Officer - Monitoring & Evaluation at AHNI
- Area Project Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- IDP Case Management Officer at Catholic Relief Services
- Short Term Consultancy as an ICT4D Consultant for the 2019 Global Fund supported LLIN mass campaign in 5 states – Kano, Kaduna, Niger, Delta, Taraba. at Catholic Relief Services
- Enumerator - Data Collection at Save The Children