Interswitch is an Africa-focused integrated digital payments and commerce company that facilitates the electronic circulation of money as well as the exchange of value between individuals and organizations on a timely and consistent basis
We see an Africa where payment is a seamless part of our everyday lives, and our mission is to create transaction solutions that enable individuals and communities prosper across the continent
Chief Risk Officer
- Develop and maintain an effective risk management system comprising strategies, processes and reporting procedures necessary to identify, measure, monitor, manage and report, on a continuous basis the risks, at an individual and at an aggregated level, to which the Company is, or could be, exposed.
- Lead and motivate subordinates to advance employee engagement develop a high performing managerial firm.
- Oversee all operations and business activities to ensure they produce the desired results and are consistent with the overall strategy and mission.
- Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to maintain the company’s legality and business ethics.
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the markets of the company
- Ensure provision of operational expertise and insight required by the Group in designing and implementing end to end processes and standardisation
- Work with peers to develop and implement major strategic initiatives
- Maintaining compliance with relevant operational and regulatory policies and rules
- Manage major relationships with counterparts and service provider
- Develop and maintain a support function for the Group’s key clients
- Understand expected deliverables from key business areas identifying and implementing improvements to processes, organisation and governance to effectively support such deliverables and facilitate delivery
- Lead the effort support the overall Group growth strategy
Leadership and Teamwork:
- Drive and lead a high-performance culture through effective people management and inspire employee engagement
- Actively manage talent, leadership, career development and succession planning
- Provide strategic guidance in terms of prioritisation of project deliverables, objectives and initiatives
- Ensure relevant business decisions are forthcoming and appropriate. Problems are resolved in an effective manner and that issues and conflicts are dealt with professionally and speedily
- Ensure effective communication and work effectively with other members of the Senior Management team
- Build ‘bench strength’ to create a talent pipeline throughout the firm
Operational Effectiveness and Control:
- Facilitate the setting of the risk appetite by the Board, monitoring risk exposures against the Board-approved Risk Appetite Limits and reporting thereon to the Risk Committee, advising the Board on strategies to mitigate the risks to which the Company is exposed
- Implement the Operational Risk Framework and ensure the mitigation of material risk through engagement with the business
- Ensure that cost and control management is embedded within the firm
- Operational controls are in place, documented, evidenced and managed effectively
- Ensure that audit and control points raised are monitored and resolved appropriately
- Create and maintain operational MI and dashboard reporting
Regulatory Responsibilities Under Senior Managers Regime:
- Responsibility for compliance with the requirements of the regulatory system about the management responsibilities map
- Responsibility for the firm’s performance of its obligations under Fitness and Propriety in respect of its notified non-executive directors
Educationa and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Law or Finance related discipline. Master’s in Business Administration or relevant Master’s degree from a reputable institution
Evidence of strong industry / sector participation and relevant professional certifications such as:
- Certification in Risk Management Assurance (CRMA)
- Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN)
- Association of Certified and Chartered Accountants (ACCA)
Experience (Number of relevant years):
- Minimum of 15 years’ post-qualification industry experience in risk, internal control, or compliance, 5 out of which must have been in a senior management position of a similar organisation.
- Demonstrable experience in Banking and Asset Management
- Substantial experience of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies and emerging practice in financial services
- Strong and proven strategic leadership experience, including developing strategic direction and planning & implementing successful growth plans
- Excellent management experience, including change management, with experience of successfully engaging with staff and the Board
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to InterSwitch career website on www.linkedin.com to apply