FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology - creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
Federal Advocacy and Government Affairs Director
- FHI 360 is seeking candidates for a Federal Advocacy and Government Affairs Director to provide federal-level external leadership to an anticipated DFID-funded, 8- to 10-year Health Investment Programme in Nigeria. Nigerian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Support to development and refinement of programme strategy in each state:
- Liaising with the senior management team to identify priority issues and partnerships to support nationally;
- Contributing to the development of work plans and budgets for the national advisors and communicating these to partner organisations
- Contributing to refinements of programme priorities and approach within the national team on an on-going basis through participation in processes of reflection, review and re-strategising.
- Deliver against the agreed workplan including coordinating strategic planning, budgeting and implementation of assigned Work areas with the rest of the national team, ensuring synergy between technical areas.
- Ensure work is delivered in line with the programme’s theory of change and strategic approach
- Facilitate implementation the programme’s approach by subcontractors and resource partners, and enhance their resourcefulness
- Diagnose constraints in partners capacities, motivations and enabling environments, and identify support required to meet these needs
- Manage external support to meet agreed partners requirements on assigned technical areas
- Coordinate joint planning and implementation of support to partners with other technical teams within the programme and other Development Partners.
Support to M&E, Reflection, Reporting, KM & Communications systems:
- Develop and implement MEL plans relating to assigned workstreams in collaboration with the MEL team.
- Compile required information/data into the programme MEL database, activity report & replication diary summary sheets, case studies, QPRs and other reporting templates as required
- Actively contribute to 'bigger picture' reflection, analysis, generation of learning/new knowledge and broad re-strategizing/planning through formal and informal interactions within the national team (e.g. quarterly/monthly reflection meetings).
- Internally communicate/share learning and ideas with staff in other States and Abuja and externally communicate/share learning and ideas with other Development partners.
Liaison with key programme partners:
- Lead on liaising with implementing partners in civil society, media, private sector, SHoAs, MDAs as delegated by the Team Leader
- Liaise with staff of other programmes serving with implementing partners on different technical areas, as directed by the Team Leader.
- Liaise with the State Partnerships Director
- Liaise with key high-level partners (DFID, NASS, the Nigerian President’s Executive Office, FHoA, etc) as requested/delegated by the Team Leader.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 5 years' experience in public health, civil society, private sector, politics, and/or media in Nigeria.
- Experience working in a donor (preferably DFID) funded programme is an advantage
- Wide and strong network of colleagues and connections in Nigeria, including with the federal government, civil society, private sector, and media.
- Ability to engage a broad range of stakeholders, including international donors, civil society, legislature, private sector, government and the media, and broker relationships between them
- Strong understanding of federal government and civil society dynamics, particularly as it relates to highly fragile, donor-driven, and complex service delivery space.
- Demonstrable skills in ICT, MEL, advocacy, professional networking, and work planning
- Strong skills in using systems for the delivery of development programmes, including work planning, monitoring and evaluation, and knowledge management.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a complex team, has demonstrable experience and ability to support Programme development, implementation/ monitoring of work plan and Budget
- Experience working on key service delivery-related areas such as health, education, agriculture and water etc.
The following is a summary of fringe benefits provided by FHI 360 to eligible employees:
- Comprehensive medical plans (PPOs)
- Dental insurance
- Vision coverage
- Group life and AD&D insurance
- Health savings account
- Long-term disability
- Medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
- Dependent life insurance
- Business travel insurance
- Supplemental personal accident insurance
- Supplemental disability
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, sick and parental leave
- 403(b) retirement plan
- Pension plan
Other benefits (will vary depending on work location):
- Public transportation program
- On-site fitness center
- Local credit union membership
- Health and wellness program
- Employee assistance program
- Qualified tuition programs (529 plans)
- Bicycle subsidy
- Legal assistance plan
- Pet insurance.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Note: The above job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.