Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
Working together with children, young people, supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges girls and vulnerable children face. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for over 80 years and are now active in more than 70 countries, driving changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. Plan International is registered in Nigeria with the Corporate Affairs Commission.
Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
- The purpose of this role is to co-ordinate all M&E efforts across Plan International Nigeria’s Humanitarian programmes in line with International best practices and relevant guidelines and to coordinate the operationalization of effective and appropriate systems and processes for measuring impact, learning and reporting across the organization.
Dimension of Role
- Communicates widely within Plan International Nigeria, Lake chad region and with local implementing partners. The post holder will ensure the establishment and coordination of a systematic Monitoring and evaluation system for all Plan International Nigeria’s Humanitarian projects.
- The post holder will interface and support team leads and members and provided Humanitarian MERL coordination. The role requires strong facilitation and organisational skills along with the ability to analyse and communicate complex information to all stakeholders.
In collaboration with the Field Teams, MERL Manager, team leads and sector Specialists, the M&E officer will:
- Development and implementation of a knowledge management plan
- Ensure relevant data is entered into organization-wide data management system designed to capture, analyse, and disseminate project data
- Develop and oversee data flow pattern for programs that will ensure timely data collection and reporting
- Ensure that regular lesson’s learnt workshops and learning activities are held
- Ensure M&E-specific elements of staff and local partner capacity strengthening plans are successfully captured and a training plan regularly updated
- Report results of M&E activities to donors by providing written documentation about progress toward achieving indicators/targets, as appropriate
- Ensure high-quality implementation, in close collaboration with the Project/unit heads, sector Specialists, and consistency in protocols, information and reporting systems
- Support evaluation/research/survey efforts, to monitor and evaluate project interventions, document results and provide feedback to stakeholders to guide decision-making
- Ensure feedback and recommendations from evaluations, community feedback mechanisms are regularly captured and fed into management meeting
- Support efforts to utilize training monitoring systems to track and monitor trainers and participants at training events to facilitate follow-up and recordkeeping
- Utilize the training data collected to inform strategic decision-making and project planning
- Support the conduct of targeted evaluations and operations research, including design, data collection, management and analysis
- Ensure quality of data through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances, and present M&E activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations
- Ensure teams are meeting up with reporting deadlines and reports are reviewed and feedback given to teams
- Promote and support the dissemination of project information among the project teams
- Use infographics to produce M&E information products that are reader friendly (converting research and evaluation reports into infographics).
- Management and regularly update of the evaluation tracker and the programme library .
- Regularly update the maintain the project manager software and Plan reporting apps
- Use of new social media
Human Resource Development:
- Supports the orientation, on-going development/training and builds capacity of MERL staff and local partner staff to ensure a high level of expertise in line with organizational requirements.
- Monitor the team’s performance against the agreed organizational standards and ensure that problems are identified and resolved
Learning and knowledge management:
- Shares information within the team about M&E findings and lessons learnt in a systematic timely manner.
- Shares information within the teams about M&E approaches and supports the documentation of lessons learnt, approaches and good practices.
- Facilitates processes for internal and external knowledge sharing among programmes teams and supports such processes
- Participates in national, regional networks and meeting as requested.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of work experience in monitoring and evaluating large multi-year international development programs, with a robust M&E component. Master’s degree is preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative methodologies, research, reporting, data quality assessments, data analysis and presentation.
- Demonstrated strong coordination, teamwork and planning skills with proven ability to function effectively with multiple counterparts in private, public and NGO sectors.
- Strong understanding of M&E, policy and compliance requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English including excellent facilitation skills and demonstrated technical writing skills for publication.
- Familiarity with Information Management System (CPIMS etc).
- Strong PM&E knowledge and skills
- Skills in digital data collection and management
- Ability to work effectively with diverse teams.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Skills in infographics
- Skills in ArcGis
- Strong technical skills, including ability to process and analyze data using one or more statistical software packages
- Proficiency in word processing and Microsoft Office
- Ability to travel both within and outside the country
- Creates strong sense of purpose and commitment within own part of the team and with stakeholders
- Holds self and others to account to deliver on agreed goals and standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a high degree of professionalism/integrity
- Strategic thinking and effective contribution to own work and Organisational development.
- Sound judgement and decision-making in complex situations
- Strong emotional intelligence including self-awareness.
- Leads by example to motivate high performance of others
- Very strong commitment to continuous learning.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.