Communications Field Officer II at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
Posted on: 13 November, 2018
Deadline: 20 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ICRC - International Committee of
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Yola Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Communications Field Officer II
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
- Contributes to define communication and possibly prevention objectives, strategies and plans of action for the Portharcourt operational area or programme covered in line with the priorities of the field structure.
- With minimum supervision, implements relevant activities and develop tools for operational communication; community engagement; IHL promotion; building NS communication capacity; public communication, digital communication; information analysis/ environment scanning; religious circles; public affairs and resource mobilisation.
- Supports the head of the Port Harcourt subdelegation and/or the country communication and prevention manager in networking with relevant stakeholders and represents ICRC with various audiences.
- Follows political, security, military and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues related to the ICRC's reputation/perception and capacity to operate in the geographic area covered, contributing to analysis.
- Performs daily media monitoring and reporting for the POH operational area of the Niger Delta
- Interprets and translates from and into local language in support of Communication programs when required.
- Provides technical and administrative support to the communication team (e.g. archiving, stock management, event organisation) when required.
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as Communication, political science, Journalism and International Relations
- In addition to the native language, fluent knowledge of English
- Computer literacy (proficiency in MS office); familiarity with digital communication tools
- Minimum 2 year's work experience in a field relevant to communication and/or prevention (preferably within the ICRC).
- Experience in an ICRC operation an asset.
- IHL knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to work independently
- Very good analytical skills
- Ability to travel in all parts of the country
- Capacity to treat information confidentially
- Initiative, organized, methodical and flexible personality,
- Strong humanitarian motivation
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org Clearly indicate the job title and Location as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
- NYSC status
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
- Recent Jobs from ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Protection Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Accountant 1 at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Cashier I at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Logistics Assistant at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- MHPSS Field Officer at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Health Field Officer 2 (Midwife) at ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Know More About ICRC - International Committee of the Red CrossSimilar Jobs
- Internal Communications Supervisor at Sahara Group
- Brand Communications Manager at Sahara Group
- Content Operations Specialist at Carlcare Development
- Digital Marketing Specialist at GIBADI
- Communications Executive at Ventures Platform
- Senior Category Brand Manager - Gum & Candy (West Africa) at Mondelez International
- Digital Marketing Executive at Tyonex Nigeria Limited
- Content Marketing Officer at United Kingdom Educational Advisory Service - UKEAS