Project Assistant, WASH at ZOA International
Posted on: 12 November, 2018
Deadline: 23 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ZOA International
ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
Project Assistant, WASH
Location: Monguno, Borno
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA started operations in Nigeria December 2016, supporting IDPs and returnees of Boko Haram affected states. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households. Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA's programme.
- ZOA currently has full team in Borno State, respond to the critical needs in Food Security and livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Purpose of the position
- The WaSH Assistant supports the Project Manager WaSH in the implementation of WaSH project activities in Maiduguri, Nigeria. He/She will report to the Project Manager WaSH on the progress of his/her activities. The position is based in Munguno, ZOA Nigeria.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- In close collaboration with the WASH officer and Project Manager, plan, organize and carry out daily hygiene promotion activities within ZOA area of interventions in line with agreed work plans, strategies and methodologies.
- He/she will conduct the hygiene promotion sessions in the targeted areas including the hygiene promotion sessions addressing the children to help them acquire safer hygiene behaviour.
- Assist the WASH officer/Project Manager in implementing the behaviour change methodologies including (PHAST) and CHAST for the WASH programs.
- Assist in conducting the WASH assessments to determine scope of work, resource requirement and estimated cost, including in the identification public health risks in the community.
- Take part in the identification of beneficiaries for the WASH activities
- Participate in the conduct of Knowledge, Attitude and Practices (KAP) and other household surveys
- Contribute to weekly and monthly reports and other ad hoc reports to meet donor and internal requirements; maintain an accurate reporting and data management of activities (including an updated attendance sheets for hygiene promotion sessions).
- Support transportation and distribution of hygiene promotion materials and other in kind WASH supplies.
- Assist in organizing and conducting trainings to community mobilizers to carry the conversation around water in the community on water safety and safe sources (the use of only chlorinated water); water handling (including storage of drinking water at household's), water usage and management; and potential contamination/pollution in the environment, associated with flooding, water logging and drainage problems
- Participate in the development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials relevant to the context; with appreciation of cultural norms and beliefs.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to ZOA and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission;
- Develop key productions to increase ZOA’s communication within local communities in Maiduguri to promote program activities and increase awareness and acceptance;
- Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the WASH officer or WASH Project Manager.
- Any other duty that is reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function.
- Community members and community leaders;
- Vendors and contractors;
- Any other stakeholders in project implementation at community level;
- Project staff;
- ZOA office staff;
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA.
- Minimum of Diploma in Environment Health Science, Water Engineering or WASH related course from recognized institution.
- At least 1-2 year's previous experience in implementing hygiene promotion
- Knowledge of SPHERE minimum standard, humanitarian principles and protection mainstreaming in WASH intervention
- Strong competence in English, hausa, kanuri and or Shuwa Arab will be an added advantage
- Proven skills in computer programs (Word, Excel; minimum)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent skills in report writing and meeting date lines
- Demonstrated ability to work in volatile environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: email@example.com Clearly indicate the position applying for in the subject line of the application.
- Recent Jobs from ZOA International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- MEAL Officer at ZOA International
- WASH Technical Officer at ZOA International
- Know More About ZOA InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Request for Proposal (RFP) FOR Management of automobile workshop at Vodstra Limited
- Civil Engineer at Nicole Sinclair Consulting
- Bio-Medical Engineer at Adcem Healthcare Limited
- Senior Software Devleoper and Business Analyst at NetPro International Limited
- Generator Technician Operator at Niyya Food & Drinks Co Ltd
- Field Engineer - Logging and Perforating at Halliburton Energy Services
- Seismic Gun Mechanic at Atlas Professionals
- Seismic Navigator at Atlas Professionals