MEAL Officer at ZOA International
Posted on: 12 November, 2018
Deadline: 23 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ZOA International
ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA started operations in Nigeria December 2016, supporting IDPs and returnees of Boko Haram affected states. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households. Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA's programme.
- ZOA currently has full team in Borno State, respond to the critical needs in Food Security and livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Purpose of the position
- The MEAL Officer contributes to efficient and effective project implementation of all ZOA Nigeria projects. Main focus of this position is on activities related to high-quality monitoring of projects and internal and external learning. Besides, the MEAL officer is responsible for internal accountability within ZOA Nigeria, including PSEA and Complaint Response Mechanims (SRM) activities to guarantee accountability standards are met.
Key task and Responsibilities
- Develop high-quality Post Distribution Monitoring (PDM), price market monitoring reports for all cash-based projects.
- Develop high-quality WASH reports (e.g. KAP) for all WASH projects.
- Collect and share lessons learnt for all relevant projects in digital systems.
- Regular updating of risks, assumptions and project logframes (including beneficiary data) in ZOA digital systems.
- Regularly update CRM databases for all projects in digital systems and ensure timely response to complainants.
- Support the PGA and project teams to develop, update and use (digital) MEAL tools (household surveys, PDMs, FGDs, observation forms, CRM tracking tools, etc.)
- Support the Program Advisor (PGA) in preparing, maintaining, updating, compiling and sharing MEAL plans and activities for projects implemented in his area of responsibility, in close collaboration with the project team and Project Managers (PGM);
- Ensure timely availability of monitoring tools, databases and reporting templates to project teams including PGM, PGA.
- Support PGA to provide training to field level project staff on MEAL practices and methods.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by PGA
- As directed by PGA
- ZOA beneficiaries
- ZOA PGM
- ZOA PGA
- ZOA field staff
- Other ZOA colleagues
- Any MEAL intern, volunteer
- Identity: The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA
- Strong knowledge of and expertise in Microsoft Excel (e.g. data analysis, creating graphs etc) and Word software.
- Strong report writing skills.
- University education in a relevant field;
- Minimum 1 year experience in humanitarian projects especially WASH and cash based projects, preferably in a similar position;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English language;
- Good understanding of and engagement with the humanitarian context and the key principles of accountability, impartiality, neutrality, independence and cooperation;
- Ability to operate as part of a team in a multi-cultural, value-driven work environment, and to perform tasks with sensitivity to the local culture;
- Ability to manage own workload and deadlines, and maintain ethical and professional conduct;
- Willingness to travel within ZOA areas of operation.
- Data analysis skills (both quantitative and qualitative)
- Report writing skills
- Organized and eye for detail
- Able to manage stress and pressure
- Ability to work within a team.
- Frequent field work required
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letters to: email@example.com Clearly indicate the position applying for in the subject line of the application.
- Recent Jobs from ZOA International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Project Assistant, WASH at ZOA International
- WASH Technical Officer at ZOA International
- Know More About ZOA InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Expert - Nigeria FCO Global Future Cities Programme at ICF International
- Senior LGA Education Facilitator at Deloitte
- Deputy Chief of Party at RTI International
- Livelihood Project Manager at INTERSOS
- Project Manager - CCCM/Shelter at INTERSOS
- Program Assistant at Survive Fistula Healthcare Foundation
- Technical Officer - Monitoring & Evaluation at AHNI
- Area Project Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International