Project Manager - WASH at ZOA International
Posted on: 6 November, 2018
Deadline: 13 November, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ZOA International
ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
Project Manager - WASH
Location: Monguno and Maiduguri, Borno
ZOA’s Programme in Nigeria
- ZOA started operations in Nigeria December 2016, supporting IDPs and returnees of Boko Haram affected states. In the selection of the beneficiaries, we pay careful attention to include the most vulnerable households. Continuously promoting community governance, inclusion, peace and stability in these fragmented and traumatized communities is a challenging but essential part of ZOA's programme.
- ZOA currently has full team in Borno State, respond to the critical needs in Food Security and livelihood and Water Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH).
Purpose of the Position
- The Project Manager is responsible for the implementation of the WaSH Project in Monguno. He/She will lead, coordinate and supervise the execution and progress of the WaSH Project. The position is based in Monguno.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Manage implementation of the WaSH project activities relating to technical specialty, in accordance with ZOA standards and guidelines;
- Project Cycle Management, including technical design, formulation, budgeting, integration with programme planning, writing, monitoring and reporting within the programme area;
- Support, train and monitor the local partner organisation or community volunteers regarding hygiene education;
- Lead capacity building efforts for project staff
- Ensure timely and quality monitoring and reporting of project deliverables in line with approved plans;
- Monitor and validate the work of the contractor in regards to latrines and bathing shelter construction as well as drilling of boreholes;
- Monitor and report on progress of activities in accordance with ZOA reporting and monitoring system;
- Ensure that the quality of the interventions meet national and/or international (technical) standards including those of WASH Sector, Government, CHS / HAP);
- Pro-actively detect and resolve potential obstacles in project implementation;
- Liaising with key community stakeholders, as required (in close communication with the programme manager),
- Participate in coordination meetings and foster positive working relationship with Government, especially at local level;
- Provide technical input into the development and implementation of ZOA’s programme plan;
- Conduct field research, needs assessments, evaluations etc, from time to time, as directed;
- Supervise and participate in performance evaluation of project staff especially supervisees;
- Prepare weekly plans and reports;
- Write progress and final project reports for timely review and submission to donor
- Any other duty that is reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function.
- The candidate is expected to support the identity, vision, and mission of ZOA.
- University degree in relevant field and/or experience in WASH based programming;
- Proven working experience of 3 - 5 years in project management of which at least 1 year in staff management and coordination;
- Experience working in humanitarian context
- Affinity with relief work and International NGO’s;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Project cycle management (PCM);
- Project budgeting;
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking;
- Good knowledge of including Hausa and Kanuri (Shuwa-Arab an added advantage);
- Good computer skills (Excel, Word);
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good networking skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Result-oriented in a team approach;
- Participative leadership;
- Ability to work individual as well as in a team;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting;
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Salary/conditions: ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com clearly indicate the position applying for in the subject line of the application.
- Know More About ZOA InternationalSimilar Jobs
- PDMS Administrator (Expatriate/Asian) at Willers Solutions
- Technical Support Officer at Willers Solutions
- Field Specialist -Controls at GE - General Electric
- Field Specialist - Mechanical at GE - General Electric
- Aluminium Technician at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Electromechanical Supervisor at Eko Maintenance Limited
- HVAC Technician at Eko Maintenance Limited
- Electrical Technician at Eko Maintenance Limited