Manager, Budget & Financial Control at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 5 November, 2018
Deadline: 13 November, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Manager, Budget & Financial Control
- Ensure proper expenditure management and tracking, also ensure that functional and effective systems and procedures for expenditure management and budget control are in place.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Information Systems Processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimisation, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Manage departmental budgeting and control
- Manage annual budget preparation and ensure proper financial control for the department.
- Manage all departmental general ledger accounts and supervise reconciliation with both finance and vendors.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Network and build solid relationships with internal units and relevant third parties (e.g. strategic investors, technical and finance partners, business consultants etc.) and develop a close working relationship with relevant information sources to provide an integrated service.
- Maintain effective working relationships with internal and external suppliers.
- Coordinate, coach and influence external partners and essential support departments across MTNN’s business units to deliver a seamless pre-sales and post-sales service experience.
- Manage contracts with suppliers/vendors
- Build and manage vendor relationships.
- Provide financial support to the department and advice Chief Information Officer on any finance related issues.
- Develop, implement and maintain financial Processes, Policies and Procedures for the department.
- Develop and maintain a system to track all assets owned by the department.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of management.
- Develop forecasts to finance for cash, accruals for unpaid duties and vendor invoices in the department (remove unpaid duties).
- Guide the implementation of financial policies, processes and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP requirements and MTNN accounting policies.
- Ensure development and implementation of functional and effective systems and procedures for expenditure management and control.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
Experience & Training
- First degree in Accounting or related field
- Fluent in English
- Professional accounting qualification
- Minimum 6 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience in supervising/managing others
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Management accounting experience
- Hands on experience in a finance function preferably in a multinational organization
- Finance and budget related training
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from MTN Nigeria
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Team Lead, DCG & Integration (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Treasury Deals-Fixed Income (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer - Core Network Planning (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer - BTS Field & Radio HLS (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Accountant - Site Maintenance (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, New Ventures at MTN Nigeria
- Senior Manager, Finance Services & Control Budget at MTN Nigeria
- Engineer, Fiber Support (Supervisory) at MTN Nigeria
- Manager, Sales and Trade Development at MTN Nigeria
- Advisor, Regulatory Affairs (Commercial)-Supervisory at MTN Nigeria
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Senior Accountant at InfoStrategy Technology
- Finance Officer at Swiss Credit Limited
- Asset and Liability Management Officer at VFD Group
- Treasury Middle Office Analyst at BitPesa
- Accountant II at The Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi
- Credit & Recovery Officer at MKOBO Microfinance Bank
- Risk & Compliance Team Lead - UPDC Plc at UAC
- Station Cashier at Rainoil Oil and Gas Company