UNHCR was created in 1950, during the aftermath of the Second World War, to help millions of Europeans who had fled or lost their homes. We had three years to complete our work and then disband.
Today, over 65 years later, our organization is still hard at work, protecting and assisting refugees around the world.
Vacancy Notice No: 2018/VA/065
Position number: N/A
Contract Type: Temporary Appointment
Duration of Contract: Two months
Duty Stations: Yola, Adamawa State
Supervisor: Head of Field Office
Proposed Starting: ASAP
Date of Issue: 26 October 2018
Deadline for Applications: 01 November 2018
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Administrative Associate sits in the field office and has supervisory functions on the office driver(s). The incumbent will function under direct supervision of the Head of Field Office, who is
- required to monitor the performance of the incumbent and provide regular guidance. S/he will support the office in maintaining the day to day operations.
The incumbent will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform personnel work including interpretation and processing of entitlement, issuance of contracts maintenance of various personnel records and files.
- Assist in the recruitment of General Service staff for non-specialized work including
- evaluating candidate applications, administering recruitment exams if applicable, conducting preliminary interviews of candidates; assign General Service staff to meet work
- requirements.- Collect information and assist in conduct of surveys on local cost of living, daily subsistence allowance criteria, local salaries for office and servicing staff, house
- Brief international personnel on general administrative matters relating to visas, licences, security; provide advice and ensure administrative support as required.
- Arrange for and/or attend meetings on day-to-day administrative matters, participate in discussions of new or revised procedures and practices, interpret and assess the impact of
- changes and make recommendations for follow-up action.
- Prepare, on own initiative, correspondence, reports, evaluations and justifications, as required, on general administrative or specialized tasks which may be of a confidential
- nature within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assist in the preparation of office budgets applicable to staff and servicing costs and maintain necessary budgetary control records.
- In addition to general administration responsibilities, may also supervise directly or indirectly, activities concerned with office and grounds maintenance, security, transport
- and similar services.
- Arrange for requisition of office supplies and equipment and arrange for control of distribution and maintenance of appropriate inventory records.
- Provide interpretation of administrative rules, regulations and procedures.
- Perform other relevant duties as required.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary education or equivalent technical or commercial school with certificate/training in Business Administration, Finance, Office Management, Human
- Resources or other related fields.
- Minimum 6 years of previous job experience relevant to the functions.
- Computer skills (MS office and People soft applications).
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of another relevant UN language or local language (as applicable in the duty station).
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of UNHCR administrative and financial rules and procedures.
- Knowledge and working experience of MSRP HR, Finance and EPM Budget applications.
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of the position.
- Knowledge of another relevant UN or local languages.
Method of Application
HOW TO APPLY
Please be informed that this is a two-step application method for quality assurance reasons.
1. Apply Online:
Interested candidates should apply by clicking HERE to create a profile before applying through the
Administrative Associate – G6 – Yola (best viewed on Google Chrome)
Senior Programme Assistant – G5 – Maiduguri (best viewed on Google Chrome)
Supply Associate – G6 – Abuja - 10029702 (best viewed on Google Chrome)
Driver – G2 – Maiduguri (best viewed on Google Chrome)
Senior Supply Assistant – G5 – Abuja - 10026310 (best viewed on Google Chrome)
Finance Associate – G6 – Maiduguri (best viewed on Google Chrome)
2. Email Your Application:
a. Kindly prepare an application/letter of motivation, resume as well as fully completed and signed UNHCR Personal History Form (P11)
b. Submit the application, resume and Personal history form (P11) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting in the subject line the vacancy number and title of the position.
The UNHCR personal History form can be downloaded from www.unhcr.org/recruit/p11new.doc.
Kindly make sure you use the UNHCR personal History form.
Kindly note that a written test will be conducted for this position which will be followed by a competency based interview.
THERE IS NO NEED TO SEND OTHER CERTIFICATES WITH THE APPLICATION AT THIS STAGE.
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Kindly note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Applications from female candidates are strongly encouraged.