Terre des hommes (Tdh) is the leading Swiss NGO focusing on child rights. It is active in more than 30 countries with development and emergency projects. Tdh focuses its action on the two following areas of intervention: health and protection of particularly vulnerable children. Modern management and communication tools ensure the quality of Tdh’s projects. The Foundation constantly aims to improve its services.
Deputy HR/Admin Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports to: HR/Admin Coordinator
Duration: 3 Month with possibility of Extention
Activity Rate: 100% (full time)
- Under the direct supervision of HR/Admin Coordinator
- Under the technical supervision of HR/Admin Coordinator
- Under the overall supervision of HR/Admin Coordinator
- Supervision of: Field Office HR Unit
- Functional relations: Logistics / Finance / Program Units
TdH’s HR Unit/Admin Unit:
- Structure of the TdH Country Delegation
- The Country Delegation is composed of 2 main offices.
- A field office located in Maiduguri, which for the moment is hosting the field teams, as well as most of the country management team members. A part of the team is established in a field office located in Monguno.
- A liaison office located in Abuja, which is hosting for the moment the Deputy Country Representative.
HR System at the Country Delegation:
- The TdH's Nigerian Delegation is established in Nigeria for a year, but has reach a consequent level quickly due to the worsening of the crisis. Program staff were recruited, but the setting-up of a proper HR Unit, as well as the some HR policies was missing. Especially due to the lack of financial resources.
- The HR team still needs to be completed and trained. It is even more difficult given the fact that they are dealing with some routines HR issue or/and requirements, but don’t have enough time to develop all the guidelines and process needed.
- The Deputy HR/Admin Manager, under the delegation and the supervision of the HR/Admin Coordinator, is responsible for the daily proper management of the TdH’s operations related to the human resources or/and the general administration. That includes the payroll processing, the flight management or the liaison with the fiscal and administrative authorities for the issues linked to the HR/Administrative Unit.
- The HR Officer is responsible for helping in the Finance & Administrative Manager in the treatment of the tasks related to the HR, the general administration, the flight management or the liaison with the fiscal and administrative authorities follow directly by the Administrative Department.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Ensure the daily implementation and the monitoring of the project(s):
- To ensure the issuance and/or gathering of all supporting documents related to the administrative file of each national employee: ID card or other identification document (driving license, voter’s card, etc.) copies, TdH NGA administrative information form, certificates, etc.;
- To prepare working contracts (new recruitments, contract extensions or renewals) and ensure each national employee is aware of contract terms and conditions;
- To prepare end of contract documents;
- To forward updates, regarding all national employee and their contract terms (dates, position, monthly allowance);
- Maintain the employee's personnel file;
- Updating the HR databases.( New employee - starting/ending date contract);
- To post the advertisement for the vacancies.
- Collecting the CVs and sending it to the concerned parties.
- Preparing a time schedule for the test and interviews
- Following the test and the interview process
- To ensure that all the recruitment documents and resumes received are available and archived
- To prepare the integration of any new employee (contract, ToR, document to bring etc...);
- To print salary /payment sheets at the end of each month and ensure it is signed by local/field staff.
- Follow up to send and receive the payment sheet from /to the staff in the governments.
- S/He will manage the visa application process / Tracking for the international staff
- S/He will manage the allocation of the ID Card, Business cards, phone bundles for the staff
- S/He will ensure the regular updating of the contact list of the delegation
- S/He will manage and track the rental contract for the facilities (accommodations/office)
- She will manage the booking related to the domestics and international travels (accommodation, flights, etc.), except for the Helicopter field dropping-off/picking-up.
- S/He will supervise the housing keeping staff for the facilities.
- She will ensure the proper maintenance of the facilities (offices and guesthouses).
- To file and archive the general administration documents (renting contracts, MoUs, etc.)
- Confirm employees attendance at the office through the proper keeping of attendance tracking forms;
- To be involved in the preparation logistics for travels: booking hotel, air ticket …);
- Perform others tasks related to the administrative administration of the Office.
Ensure the internal and external reporting of the project:
- University Degree: Degree in Finance, Management (Business, HR) or Administration; advanced IT user literacy
- Minimal 3 year of relevant work experience; experience with other INGO’s an added advantage
- Extensive working knowledge of the North East Humanitarian Context
- Demonstrated understanding of Administration Management:
- Computer proficiency in MS Office suite and Outlook is mandatory
- Required: Proactive, autonomy, rigorous, organized, planning, analytical, clear communication, work under pressure, ability to facilitate change, persuade and negotiate to reach acceptable compromise/solutions among all levels in the organization
- Desirable: willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
- Fluent in English and Hausa, Kanuri (written and spoken)
- Alignment with the values, vision and mission of Tdh
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit copies of their updated CV's, letter of motivation and national ID card and reference contacts to: email@example.com The position must be clearly indicated on the application.
Note: Only candidates open to Nigerian national only.