- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
MEA Cloud Systems Business Development Leader at ORACLE
Posted on: 25 October, 2018
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at ORACLE
Oracle provides the world's most complete, open, and integrated business software and hardware systems, with more than 370,000 customers including 100 of the Fortune 100 representing a variety of sizes and industries in more than 145 countries around the globe.
MEA Cloud Systems Business Development Leader
Job ID: 18001AIG
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- Oracle can draw on some of the broadest array of Cloud Service offerings in the industry:
- Oracle Cloud Infrastructure that are faster and cheaper than the fastest solution offered by the competition, organizations can upload their entire on-premises network, applications and storage directly to the Oracle cloud
- Oracle Cloud at Customer, a fully managed service solution; customers access the locally installed service in a subscription format using an elastic metered formula. All administration, maintenance, and updating of the Cloud platform at Customer is the responsibility of Oracle.
- New additions to the Oracle Cloud Platform enable customers to get the best of both multi-tenant and single-tenant environments
- Who are we looking for?
- We are looking to hire the best business development manager into technology LOB solution group. As a business development, you are expected to work very closely with the Cloud at Customer and Engineered systems sales team in Middle East, Africa and Turkey. It is critical you can drive alignment with sales and help growing the cloud systems business.
- It is expected that you also engage direct with customers and take on senior discussions, explaining our strategy across the region. Experience in technical areas and architecture discussions are desirable
- The ideal candidates will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the C/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with datacenter architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and bias for action is a must.
- Define strategies and initiatives to generate long term and short-term customer success and business results with a focus on sustainable cloud systems business development.
- Territory and industry research/insights to formalize a go to market territory strategy and create a qualified target account list together with Oracle sales teams.
- Pipeline development through a combination of go-to-market initiatives, campaigns, and events/workshops facilitation. Elaborate campaigns and initiatives to drive the Oracle Cloud business and foster cross-LOB collaboration.
- Engage with prospect organizations to position the Oracle solution through value based selling, business case definition, ROI analysis, references and analyst data in collaboration with Oracle sales teams.
- Plan and execute corporate cloud systems go-to-market programs in the region, and develop local programs/initiatives based on the local market needs
- Work alongside the sale team to design the best solution for the customer.
- Advise CIO/CTO level contacts and their teams as they look to move their business to a cloud architecture
- Present Oracle's cloud infrastructure, including demonstrating deep familiarity with company's hosting infrastructure, security and integration capabilities
- Work closely with Oracle’s echo system like business partners and marketing teams
- Engage with the wider account-based sales teams
- Understand and drive the strategy for the cloud at customer and engineered systems
- Make sure the sales consultants are used in most optimized way to drive revenue
- Enthusiasm, energy and ability to evangelize and expand the footprint of seeded markets in the public cloud platform
- Broad knowledge and experience in private and public cloud ecosystem and IT infrastructure and data center elements
- Experience in a customer-facing role such as a consultant, solutions engineer or an architect in the cloud ecosystem
- Strong infrastructure architecture / design skills with a passion for technology.
- Proven ability to work well as part of an international business development team.
- Aligning Marketing & Demand Generation efforts with key priorities and initiatives
- Ability to build reciprocal relationships with different teams of the business, partners and customers and identifies synergies across LOBs and acts on opportunities to integrate business, with credibility at all levels, including Lines of Business and CxO.
- Solid understanding of the IT industry cloud landscape and market
- Sales experience with another cloud vendor would be beneficial
- Competencies in building value proposition and positioning strong proposals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate across all levels and effectively adapt to varied situations
- Successful history of result-oriented business development driving net new business sales as well as increasing the wallet share in existing customer base.
- Background of driving business transformation through objective and community building.
- Credibility at all levels, including Lines of Business and CxO.
- Ability to coach /mentor people, influencing without managerial position
- Ability to crystallize complex, ambiguous information into simple, clear, value and differentiation-based messages
- Can do attitude
- Proven ability to work well as part of an extended sales team.
- Proven ability to work X-LOB as well a X-region with EMEA and Global teams
- Proven ability to work well as part of an extended sales team.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Responsible for the identification of relevant new business opportunities and designs "go-to-market" plan to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Pursues sales opportunities in the market, and carries the baton in the beginning of the sales cycle.
- A Business Development Representative is assigned to strategic accounts which may be grouped by industry where Oracle has a limited presence. Acts as primary liaison between Consulting, Sales, and Oracle Development for the product*s sales opportunities.
- Generates business opportunities through prospecting mass market programs and leveraging third party partners. Develops and coordinates a worldwide relationship with customers that establishes Oracle as a preferred vendor and optimizes Oracle's sales of product. Executes aggressive strategies and plans to successfully drive the product as the preferred customer selection.
- Provides account representatives with information on how the product addresses specific needs, and assists account representatives in using Oracle's products to leverage large revenue opportunities. Assists in articulating product message, coordinates technical resources and hands off deals to a successful close.
- Acknowledged authority within the Corporation. Acts as a leader of large-scale company initiatives. Viewed by peers as a leader and top contributor and by line management as a key business partner.
- 12+ years of progressively increased responsibilities in sales or sales management. Marketing and business development experience preferred.
- Proven track record in managing multiple opportunities and ability to negotiate and close complex deals. Ability to determine strategy and tactical plans that deliver tangible results. Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal skills. Ability to Travel as needed.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
- As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Recent Jobs from ORACLE
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Applications License Solutions Consultant at ORACLE
- Know More About ORACLESimilar Jobs
- Sales Executive at Simba Group
- EasyBuy Key Account Supervisor (Bi Lingual) at Greenlight Planet
- Business Development Executive at Tizeti Network Limited
- Van Sales Reps (VSR) at RoVedana
- Business Development Manager at Mountain View Consulting
- Product Specialists at ISN Products Limited
- Sales Executive (Diagnostics) at ISN Products Limited
- Sales Executive (Diabetes) at ISN Products Limited