Creative Associates International provides outstanding, on-the-ground development services and forges partnerships to deliver sustainable solutions to global challenges.
Its experts focus on building inclusive educational systems, transitioning communities from conflict to peace, developing sustainable economic growth, engaging youth, promoting transparent elections and more. Creative is recognized for its ability to quickly adapt and excel in conflict and post-conflict environments.
The Reporting Officer is responsible for telling the story of the NLCB program to distinct audiences through the development of compelling communication products. S/he will oversee the production of activity monitoring reports, weekly, quarterly, annual and impact reports, success stories and snapshots. Through close interaction with the activity management teams located across Northeastern Nigeria, the Reporting Officer will enhance NLCB’s ability to understand how its small community-based grants contribute to the larger goal of denying and undermining violent extremist groups in North East Nigeria. This position will be based at the head office, located in Abuja, with program activities expected to be carried out in the Northeastern states. Travel is expected.
REPORTING & SUPERVISION
The Reporting Officer reports to the Deputy Chief of Party – Programs in Abuja.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- In coordination with senior management and with input from Creative HQ Communications, develops an annual communications plan that includes goals, identification of key audiences, channels and outputs.
- Under the supervision of the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist, coordinates meetings at least once a week with monitoring, evaluation and reporting team in the field offices to define reporting priorities and set timelines for submission.
- Monitor and report on routine program activities and scheduled program events, recording summaries in Activity Notes captured in the OTI Web-based Database.
- Work with Program, M&E and Grants teams to create and maintain project trackers.
- Attend focus groups to derive lessons learned and success stories to inform future project activities.
- Assist in the development of activity ideas based on information collected in the field, lessons-learned from previous activities, and changes in the political and economic environment.
- Ensure that reports are in accordance with project communications plans and support project objectives.
- Any other duties suitable to task and commensurate with ability.
Content Production & Dissemination
- Designs and produces communication materials as needed for project activities, including newsletters, press releases and media briefings.
- Takes a lead role in editing the weekly, quarterly and annual report, coordinating reporting from all field offices.
- Develop story ideas based on NLCB activities, interview relevant individuals and produce compelling stories that demonstrate innovation, change, resilience and/or success.
- Identify and manage contractors and/or consultants, such as photographers, videographers and agencies, required to tell NLCB’s story.
- Ensures effective dissemination and distribution of the program’s media products using various approved medium.
- Oversees the execution of integrated communications strategies and campaigns that elevate engagement and awareness among target audiences online and offline.
- In coordination with the Program team, write up to two Project Snapshots per month, according to USAID guidelines and USAID/OTI Country Representative direction.
- Oversees the branding and marking plan for NLCB and works with staff to ensure compliance by the project and appropriate guidance to partners.
- Ensures that all Graphic Design, Photography and Videography activities are in compliance with Creative and USAID’s standards and guidelines.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- University degree in political science, international affairs, English, communication, or other related social sciences field is required.
- Four years’ work of general experience with 2 years of experience in a related field is required.
- Self-starter with a creative mind who can work with a results-oriented team;
- Strong editing skills, as well as being able to discern broader subject-matter problems.
- Proven writing and editing skills in English with an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct and lively style is required.
- Prior experience with USAID or US Government funded projects is highly desirable.
- Problem solving, stress management and time management Skills are required.
- Knowledge of social media management and analytics, and multimedia technologies required.
- Proficient at using Microsoft office software: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Prior experience producing and editing photo, video, web contents preferred.
- Excellent record keeping and documentation skills are required.
- Experience of working in a conflict environment is a plus.
- Written and spoken fluency in English is required.
- Fluency in one or more of the local state languages in the North Eastern part of Nigeria is preferable.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below