- Take part in our Job Search Survey 2019 and stand a chance to win a Samsung device. Get Started »
Manager, Video & Entertainment at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 23 October, 2018
Deadline: 29 October, 2018
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Manager, Video & Entertainment
- To define the strategy and manage the Video product and services lifecycle (from inception to launch to winding down services that no longer meet consumer needs), which includes enhancements of existing products and services.
- To analyses market data and customer insights to identify profitable opportunities, develop the roadmap and collaborate with strategic partners to deliver world class Video service offerings that capture market share, drive optimal customer engagement and increase revenue.
- Support the Shareholder return strategy by developing and implementing Marketing processes that are aligned to achieving all elements on the business score card. (I.e. Grow Market Share, Grow ICT & Data Revenue, Increase EBITDA margins, Assure Revenue, CAPEX Returns Management and Net Subscriber Additions).
- Participate in the review of Business Processes (headcount, process optimization, etc.), to drive efficiency gains to ensure at least 5% reduction in Divisional budget year-on-year.
- Serve the Division’s internal customers and provide solutions to improve the customer experience.
- Strategic Partnerships with MTNN leadership team to drive awareness on expected behaviours and impact on non-compliance on bottom line results and company image/reputation.
- Drive planned strategy for the successful delivery of MTN Group and MTNN transformation initiatives focusing on Customer centricity, including Perfect 10 Project.
- Drive an increase in MTNN’s Net Promoter Score.
- Stay abreast of technology waves and customer insights related to content, multimedia and portal services
- Ensure that MTN provides the best content to its customers.
- Translate customer insights into innovative concepts that achieve business objectives while providing value to customer segments
- Manage the Video product and service lifecycle (from inception to launch to winding down products that no longer meet consumer needs), which includes enhancements of existing products and services.
- Supports the Senior Manager to analyse market data and customer insights to identify profitable opportunities, make decisions, develop the roadmap and collaborate with strategic partners to deliver world class video solutions that capture market share, drive optimal customer engagement and increase revenue.
- Oversee the creation and execution of project plans for content creation, delivery and promotion
- Manages issues and risks in projects, and proactively communicate to project team and management.
- Oversee the design, development and implementation of business/operational tools and processes related to video content delivery.
- Define and align the video services strategy and business plan to the overall Digital Product Development strategy and plan;
- Execute the Video services strategy and plans to optimize revenue and customer experience through valuable platforms and content;
- Keep abreast of local and global best practice, identify trends and highlight areas in the business that need further development to create a competitive advantage for Video services and MTN Nigeria Digital; and
- Integrate product development requirement with technical capacity such Portals and devices
- Champion new portals product concepts, as well as existing key products and services across the organization
- Own and maintain all platform and portal product and service business rules
- Support all business units with regard to product development and support
- Understand and propose direction for multimedia portal and services investments
- Work and drive to optimise mobile device, content and applications value chain
- Objectively and transparently identify and select 3rd Party Value Added Service Providers (VASPs) to work as MTN partners in providing innovative, essential and enabling MTN-branded content to maximizes stickiness to the MTN network. Ensures that process is fair and transparent, and in line with MTN’s ethics.
- Drive the 3rd Party VASP selection, sign-on and continuous engagement process with regard to content
- Managing alliances with various Mobile Content & Application Providers for deploying their content through MTN’s distribution channels, and on all platforms like SDP / Play /SMS / IVRS/ WAP/WEB/USSD etc.
- Ensure that MTN is the best partner for the best VASPs
- Work with management and other key contributors and stakeholders to manage the translation of the Digital Product Development strategy into a Lifestyle innovation strategy, roadmap and product portfolio mix, and communicate these effectively with the team;
- Manage and enforce all subscription business rules on HSDP, Play, charging and other VAS platforms. From access channels to product fulfilment.
- Manage the video service lifecycle from concept to developing detailed product specification to completing a smooth launch and monitoring and optimising future iterations to drive optimal customer engagement and revenue from Lifestyle platforms (i.e. coordinate post-launch activities to validate that the product works);
- Increase Lifestyle performance and grow the portfolio and its contribution to the overall revenue of MTN Digital, ensuring that MTN maintains its position as a world class leader in Video products and services;
- Collaborate with Solutions Delivery team to create strategies and plans by which technology will be developed or adapted to meet market needs and leverage opportunities;
- Ensure products meet and exceed the highest processing standards including cost, revenue, security, technical precision and scalability.
- Establish A/B tests, oversee successful execution of test plans and work with IT to ensure that all test environments are properly configured and available for each project;
- Monitor and analyse new video related technology trends and innovations, make recommendations to management on their potential applications to the business and use data analytics to inform product development and improvement decisions;
- Drive best practice, continuous improvement and innovation of products, services, processes and procedures within the video services portfolio and across MTN Digital to ensure competitiveness.
- Manage video service applications and ensure content is collected, organised and displayed on the SDP, MTN Play or any other platforms in a way that it is relevant, up to date at all times and easily accessed by customers;
- Drive research on various platforms and document competitive social, monetization and game features and ensure that optimal content is sourced for various target markets;
- Oversee and ensure the establishment of systems and practices in order to comply with best practices, legislation or other regulations and guidelines around video content and services;
- Lead the establishment and maintenance of video quality/process standards that will enhance the customer experience and cost efficiency; and
- Manage the video hierarchy, usability, and users’ requirements and needs.
- Continuously seek self-professional development to sharpen skills and capabilities in a versatile and evolving digital landscape.
- Coach and train the team to ensure understanding of the objectives and goals of the department, awareness of set targets/requirements and regularly review their training needs.
- Review performance of individual team members and complete appraisals in accordance with the employee performance appraisal procedures and time schedules.
- Identify training requirements of team members, develop program to address knowledge gaps and to enrich knowledge repository within the department
- Normal MTNN working conditions.
Experience & Training
- A first degree in social science or science discipline.
- Fluent in English.
- 6-13 years’ experience which includes:
- 3 years in Product Development and Management experience in a Video service-related environment a must
- Experience working in a medium to large organization
- Experience in advanced Project Management
- Experience in co-coordinating a number of external agencies and suppliers
- Experience in dealing with senior stakeholders within an established organization
- BA, B.Ed, B.Sc, HND or B.Eng.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Nigeria career website on careers.mtnonline.com to apply
- Know More About MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Graphic Artist at Cadwell Limited
- Digital Marketing Manager at Ascentech Services Limited
- Brand Ambassador (Dentist) at Hazon Holdings
- Layout Artist at Adonis & Abbey Publishers
- Creative Director at Landlagos
- Digital Marketing Officer - NYSC at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Content Intern at MyJobMag Limited
- Brand Marketing Executive at NairaBet