Nigerian Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineer at Nigerian Army
Posted on: 19 October, 2018
Deadline: 30 November, 2018
View Jobs in General
View All Jobs at Nigerian Army
Nigerian Army - Applications are invited from eligible Nigerians for commission into the Nigerian Army (NA) as Direct Short Service Commission (DSSC) Officers. The DSSC is open to both civilians and serving military personnel. Only serving military personnel sponsored by any of the Services of the Nigerian Armed Forces to civil institutions shall be considered.
Nigerian Army Electrical and Mechanical Engineer
- Applicants must possess a minimum of B Eng, BSc (Eng) (Second Class Lower) degree or HND (Lower Credit) in any of the following areas: Automotive, Electronics, Mechatronics, Systems, Weapon and Marine Engineering.
- Others are: Marine Architecture, Material Science and Computer Engineering.
- Such academic fields must be registered with the Nigerian Society of Engineers and Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN).
All applicants must satisfy the following conditions:
- Be a Nigerian as defined in the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- Be a male or female between the ages of 20 and 30 years, while medical consultants be not more than 40 years of age by January 2019.
- Be medically, mentally and physically fit according to NA standards.
- Be recommended by at least 2 recognizable referees who must attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. These could be by a Local Government Chairman/Secretary or an officer of the Armed Forces not below the rank of a Lieutenant Colonel and equivalent or an Assistant Commissioner of Police and above who must hail from the state of the applicant. Passport photographs of referees must be affixed to the letter of attestation.
- Candidates must submit a letter of Attestation from their former institutions.
- Measure at least 1.68m (for male) and 1.65m (for female) in height.
- Must not have been convicted by any court of law. Military personnel must be free from any disciplinary case (This is to be endorsed by the Commanding Officer/Commander).
- Possess at least a first degree with not less than Second Class Lower Division or HND of not less than Lower Credit from any recognized institution of learning.
- Possess valid birth certificate endorsed by the National Population Commission, Hospital or Local Government Council or valid age declaration.
- Possess a valid certificate of state of origin.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge certificate or a valid exemption as the case may be.
- Graduates with professional qualifications must be duly registered by relevant bodies recognized by Nigerian Laws at the commencement of cadet training.
- Only academic credentials obtained from 2009 to date will be considered.
- Candidates must present contact addresses and telephone numbers of parent/guardians and Next of Kin.
- Candidates must not have any body inscriptions or tattoos.
- Candidates must tender all original copies of educational certificates (primary to post secondary).
- Service personnel must present valid military identity cards and letters of recommendations by their Commanding Officers/Commanders. They must also present valid letter(s) of NA sponsorship in tertiary academic institutions. Additionally, they must have served for a period of not less than 5 years in the unit.
- Candidates must not be members of any cult/society/fraternity.
- All female applicants are advised to seek for commission into specialist corps e.g Medical, Legal Service, Supply and Transport or Army Public Relations.
Conditions Of Service
- Direct Short Service Commission will be granted for 15 years, for an initial period of 8 years, renewable yearly for another period of 7 years. Direct Regular Commission may be granted on conversion after 3 years as a commissioned officer.
- Conversion to Direct Regular Commission is not automatic. It is based on availability of vacancy and other criteria that are or will be in force from time to time.
- All graduating officer cadets must sign an acceptance on the terms and conditions governing the Direct Short Service Commission before they are granted commission into the Nigerian Army.
- The reckonable period of service will be based on the date of commencement of cadet training of both civilian and military personnel entrants.
- N.B: Medical Consultants Officers on successful completion of military training shall be granted the rank of Major.
- N.B: Officer Cadets who successfully complete the military training shall be granted the rank of Lieutenant with no advantage of seniority.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Army career website on nigerianarmyms.ng to apply
- Recent Jobs from Nigerian Army
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Professionals, Allied to Medicine at Nigerian Army
- Nigerian Army Finance Officer at Nigerian Army
- Nigerian Army Band Officer at Nigerian Army
- Nigerian Army Officer of Military Police at Nigerian Army
- Nigerian Army Education Officer at Nigerian Army
- Nigerian Army Signals at Nigerian Army
- Nigerian Army Intelligence Officer at Nigerian Army
- Nigerian Army Corps of Supply and Transport at Nigerian Army
- Medical and Dental Consultant at Nigerian Army
- General Duty Medical/Dental Officer at Nigerian Army
- Optometrist at Nigerian Army
- Nigerian Army Engineer at Nigerian Army
- Short Service Combatant Commission Officer at Nigerian Army
- Know More About Nigerian ArmySimilar Jobs
- Planning Engineer at One Precious Life (OPL) Academy
- Auto-Mechanic at New Usual Limited
- Topside Inspection Technician (Pressure Vessels and Piping) at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Maintenance Method Engineer at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Commissioning Engineer at Deep Blue Energy Services Limited
- Commissioning Engineer (Local) at Onstream Group
- Sales Engineer at Ortus Global Africa Limited
- Chief Engineer at Marriott International, Inc.