Pasture and Range Officer at Animal Care Services Consult
Posted on: 17 October, 2018
Deadline: 31 October, 2018
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Animal Care Services Consult
We are Animal Care Service Konsult Nigeria Limited, an agro-allied company that is into livestock farming, Feedmilling, Technical Laboratory Services and marketing of health products. We are committed to animal health and production and focused on being the foremost operator in the livestock industry in Nigeria.
Pasture and Range Officer
- Establishment and management of fodder crops.
- Assisting the ensiling process for good quality results.
- Studying plants and soil in order to develop better planting, cultivation, and harvesting techniques to improve crop yield.
- Developing and promoting farming practices or products that diminish the effects of changes in soil, climate, and weather or prevent damage from pests.
- Assisting with the plant selection process and the development of planting and irrigation schedules, budgets, and timelines.
- Study zero grazing patterns to determine number and kind of livestock that can be profitably fed and grazed with a specific land size.
- Manage forage resources through fire, herbicide use, or revegetation to maintain a sustainable yield from the land.
- Generating reports and presenting findings to management, clients, or other interested parties.
- Regulate grazing, and help ranchers plan and organize grazing systems in order to manage, improve and protect rangelands and maximize their use.
- Experimenting and generation of data for research, study & training of farmers on pasture and forage production.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Candidate must possess HND or Bachelor's Degree in Pasture and Range Management, Crop Science, Agronomy or any other related fields.
- Additional Qualification will be an added advantage
- Must be between 25 - 35 years
- Minimum of Three (3) years post NYSC experience in Pasture and Range Management.
- Ability to work outside, stand, walk, kneel, and stoop for extended periods.
- Proficiency with computers, especially MS Office and diagnostic scientific software.
- Exceptional active listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong research, decision making, critical thinking, and problem solving skills.
- Awareness of industry trends, technology, and developments.
- Competence, Positive Work Attitude and Good Leadership Qualities.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's to "Human Resources & Admin" via: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position applied for as the subject
- Know More About Animal Care Services ConsultSimilar Jobs
- General Manager- Agribusiness at Rossland Consulting Limited
- Field Agronomist at Solidaridad West Africa (SWA)
- Consultant (Developing the Bio-cultural Community Protocols for the Muturu Cattle Breed in Nigeria) at African Union Interafrican Bureau for Animal Resources (AU-IBAR)
- Food Security and Livelihoods Deputy Program Managers at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Food Security and Livelihoods Supervisors at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Food Security and Livelihoods Officers at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Food/Livelihood Security & Nutrition Sector Manager at CARE
- Agro Economist Advisor at Nativedge