Strategic Investigation Adviser at Adam Smith International
Posted on: 9 October, 2018
Deadline: 12 October, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Adam Smith International
Adam Smith International are an award-winning professional services business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through projects supporting economic growth and government reform internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s most challenging environments.
Adam Smith International has a strong corporate presence globally, with 146 current projects across 49 countries and over 1,000 staff and associates. Headquartered in London, our regional headquarters are based in Africa (Nairobi, Abuja, and Pretoria), Asia Pacific (Sydney) and South Asia (Delhi), with numerous registered offices across Africa and Asia.
Strategic Investigation Adviser
Tracking Code: 1143-112
Position Type: Consulting
- The UK will provide up to £20 million over five years (2017-2021) to support Nigerian authorities and civil society in reducing corruption. The focus will be on:
- Sanctions: supporting Nigerian authorities (including anti-corruption agencies) to put in place effective legislation and public policies to combat corruption, and to ensure looters are effectively investigated, prosecuted and convicted;
- Society: supporting Nigerian civil society to maintain public support for anti-corruption and progressively change social norms that currently facilitate (or even encourage) corruption.
ACORN will provide:
- Technical assistance and some equipment to key agencies involved in fighting international and domestic financial and economic crime, to address current capacity gaps in relation to intelligence gathering, investigation, prosecution and judicial determination.
- Financial and technical support to civil society and media to influence social norms and attitudes on corruption and build public support through social marketing and behaviour change initiatives.
- Financial and technical support to academic think tanks to collect further evidence on the social norms and broad picture of corruption in Nigeria, including types of corruption and how to measure them.
- Promote the use of political influence and non-aid levers in support of legal and regulatory reform and the independence of the law enforcement agencies.
- Experience working in / with organisations focusing on serious organised crime / corruption investigations;
- Demonstrable experience of taking part in complex multi-stakeholder investigations;
- Experience in the utilisation of intelligence led, and prosecutor led working practices;
- Experience undertaking and leading financial investigations;
- Experience in management / Leaderships positions with a demonstrable understanding of strategic planning and organisational change;
- Ability to analyse institutional performance data to understand systemic challenges;
- An understanding of the justice sector architecture;
- Experience in the design and analysis of programme interventions and the development of modernisation / capacity development plans
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
- Candidates should submit a CV (no more than 3 pages) and short Cover Letter with a subject line of the position they are interested in.
- Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Recent Jobs from Adam Smith International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Team Leader at Adam Smith International
- Deputy Team Leader at Adam Smith International
- Strategic Detection Adviser at Adam Smith International
- Strategic Prosecution Adviser at Adam Smith International
- Strategic Adjudication Adviser at Adam Smith International
- Know More About Adam Smith InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Community Mobilization Officer at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- State Governance Director at Creative Associates International
- Deputy Chief of Party at Creative Associates International
- Monitoring and Evaluation Manager at Creative Associates International
- Director of Adaptive Management and Analysis at Creative Associates International
- Nutrition and Health Manager at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Nutrition Survey Expert at Action Against Hunger | ACF-International
- Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) Consultant at UNICEF