Project Finance Officer at ZOA International
Posted on: 19 September, 2018
Deadline: 24 September, 2018
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at ZOA International
ZOA is an international NGO with its Head Quarters in The Netherlands. ZOA offers RELIEF to people who are affected by conflict or natural disasters. ZOA wants to contribute to a new perspective of HOPE in which people work together for a promising future in dignity and mutual trust. Together with the affected communities we work on the RECOVERY until they can provide to take care of their livelihoods. ZOA works in fifteen countries in Africa, Middle East Region and Asia and has approximately 1000 employees worldwide.
Project Finance Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Purpose of the Position
- The Project Finance Officer is responsible for all financial systems of ZOA Nigeria in order to support smooth organisational functioning and effective project implementation. The position is based in Maiduguri.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for petty cash imprest system.
- Ensure timely cash disbursement according to the system/Signature.
- Participate in cash vendor/money agent’s meetings, provide financial support, clarity and reconciliation as may be required from time to time.
- Initiate online bank transfer/payment and attach evidence of payment to all bank paid document.
- Stamp ‘PAID’ all paid documents (bank & cash) as soon as payment is made and file to the appropriate folder.
- Check expenditures (booked transactions) that are up to date and complete (in line with ZOA audit trail template), and supervise scanning of documents at the end of every month
- Liaise with procurement and logistic officer to ensure suppliers data base are update at least every quarter.
- Support MGA in any other activities upon request from time to time e.g. quarterly report, Budget etc;
- Any other duty that is reasonably consistent with the key tasks of the function
- University degree or equivalent (minimally HND, BSc/BA, preferably Accountancy) or relevant field;
- Proven working experience of at least 2 - 3 years in the relevant field with at least 1 year in staff management;
- Affinity with development work and International NGO’s;
- Ability to write clear and concise reports;
- Excellent in English in reading, writing and speaking;
- Ability to speak one of the local languages (Kanuri, Hausa etc).
- Excellent computer skills (accounting systems, Excel, Word and power point).
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good planning and organizational skills;
- Good numerical skills
- Analytical skills;
- Service oriented attitude but strict when it comes to keeping up to the ZOA policies and procedures;
- Able to work under pressures and meet deadlines;
- Result-oriented in a team approach;
- Participative leadership;
- Ability to work individual as well as in a team;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural setting;
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Salary/conditions: ZOA offers you a challenging job, an inspiring and motivated team and good benefits and remuneration which suits the charities sector.
Method of Application
Applicants should forward their CV's and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicate the position applying for in the subject line of the application.
- Recent Jobs from ZOA International
- View jobs posted the same day by this employer in a single thread »
- Finance & Admin Officer at ZOA International
- Know More About ZOA InternationalSimilar Jobs
- Finance and Account Intern at Africa Youth Growth Foundation
- Accountant/Internal Control Officer at Emerald Food & Beverages Company Ltd
- Risk Advisor - Control Transformation & Assurance at Deloitte
- Chief Financial Officer at Babban Gona
- Head of Finance & Administration (BSM) at Oxfam
- Head of Joint Venture Accounting at Adexen
- Asset Manager at Whytecleon
- Accounting Manager at Techdavez Integrated Systems