If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Solutions Developer - SIPML
Job ID: 34183
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Job Sector: Computer Software
- The Solutions Developer is responsible for solutions development and support. This role also includes electronic channels integration and support, process automation, and development of customer centric software solutions that fit an evolving technology landscape which is key to ensure that the company retains its position as the number one Pension Fund Administrator with the largest market share by delivering on its Unique Selling Proposition.
Solutions Development and Software Testing:
- Designs and builds software products according to specification, and within the agreed time frame, adhering to best software development methodologies throughout the product development life cycle
- Work as part of a team on projects assigned to other members of the unit
- Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications
- Identification and resolution of all software vulnerabilities on new and existing software applications
- Empowers the first-line support team on the proactive resolution of application issues
- Deals second-level escalations from the first-line support team
- Provide Root Cause Analysis (RCA) on issues.
- Provide feedback on issues tracked by Change Advisory Board (CAB).
- Click here to enter text.Works with business analysts to ensure full understanding of the impact of new projects on current business processes.
- Escalates specification issues to business analyst before the commencement of new projects
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Obtain, analyze and evaluate documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s intervention
- Reports routinely on Project progress to the Project Management Office
- Ensure the development and implementation of new systems within set scope, deadlines and according to agreed quality standards.
- Mitigate against Risk by ensuring Project Documentation is complete and detailed and filed correctly, to facilitate easy maintenance of applications
- Ensures stakeholder satisfaction with project deliverables.
- Escalates project challenges outside agreed tolerance levels to the Project Management Office
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- First Degree Field of Study - Information and Communication Technology
- Master Degree Field of Study - Business Administration
- Other qualifications, certifications or professional memberships
- Certified Solutions Developer
- Certified Database Designer
- Advanced /Professional Degree or Professional Qualification in ICT is Required.
- Minimum 4 years post qualification experience with at least 2 years spent in the Financial Sector
- Information Technology
- 3-4 Years Experience in Solution Development
- Wealth Management - Client Services & Relationship Management
- Knowledge of investment products.
- Awareness of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Trouble shooting ability.
- The design, creation, testing and documenting of new and amended programs from supplied specifications in accordance with agreed standards.
- The specification and design of information systems, their components and architecture to meet defined business needs.
- The planning, design, management, execution and reporting of tests, using appropriate testing tools and techniques and conforming to agreed standards, to ensure that new and amended systems, together with any interfaces, perform as specified.
Use of Version Control
- This skill includes basic use of a version control tool, as well as a general understanding of software configuration management.
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Applicants should forward their updated CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org using position applied for as subject of the mail.