- To help us do more to reduce poverty and create opportunity for the
people of Africa, the World Bank’s Africa team is looking for two social
media interns who are creative, smart, and committed to excellence.
These paid interns will join the World Bank’s Africa Communications
unit, a team of hardworking professionals, who love Africa and want to
see it thrive and grow.
If you love Africa and are willing to work hard, come join our team! The
World Bank Group is an international development bank that works for a
world free of poverty, with opportunity for all.
We work in 48 nations on the continent, putting our expertise, know-how,
and financing behind the development plans of African countries and the
communities themselves. Modern strategic communications are vital to
the World Bank’s development mission in Africa.
Job Title: World Bank Social Media Internship Recruitment 2013
What You Will Be Doing
- Conceptualizing new ways for the World Bank Africa to engage in social networks
- Adding a more "social layer" to the World Bank Africa’s corporate websites
- Helping manage blogs
- Writing social media press releases
- Tweeting from @WorldBankAfrica and @BM_Afrique
- Engaging with fans on the World Bank Africa Facebook pages and Livestream channel
- Sharing World Bank-produced multimedia, blogs, and other material on social networks
What You Will Receive
- You are a student currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree university program, or the equivalent
- You have a deep knowledge and understanding of social media
tools – including bookmarking, tagging, tweeting, blogging, etc. – and
you use them regularly
- You are an excellent writer
- You speak English or French fluently
Application Closing Date
- An internship at World Bank headquarters in Washington DC
- A monthly stipend
25th February, 2013
How To Apply
To Get Started
- Follow @WorldBankAfrica or @BM_Afrique and tweet your response to this phrase: #iwant2work4africa because…
- Based on your response and if you make it to round 2, you will be sent a Direct Message with additional instructions
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to get a job fast?
Signup and complete your profile on MyJobMag. Employers will find you 4x faster with a complete profile. You can download your completed profile anytime