Best Cover Letter Template to Land your dream Job in 2019
Looking for the cover letter templates in Nigeria?
Do you look forward to creating an exceptional first impression on your hiring manager?
Then you should stop searching because we have the solution you need to land your dream job. Our free cover letter templates will help you customize attention-getting cover letters that employers can’t resist in few minutes.
I am sure you can’t wait to create a stunning cover letter, but before you start using the template, it is important you know these:
- What a cover letter template means
- Why you should use a cover letter
- Tips to using a cover letter template
- What a good cover letter should contain
Cover Letter Templates for Resumes
1. Cover Letter Template for Sales/Marketing Jobs
- Professional sales/marketing cover letter template
- Entry level sales/marketing cover letter template
2. Cover Letter Template for Engineering Jobs
a. Professional engineering cover letter template
b. Entry level engineering cover letter template
3. Cover Letter Template for Human Resources Jobs
a. Professional human resources cover letter template
b. Entry level human resources cover letter template
4. Cover Letter Template for Information Technology
a. Professional IT cover letter template
b. Entry level IT cover letter template
5. Cover Letter Template for Administrative/Secretarial Jobs
a. Professional administrative/secretarial cover letter template
b. Entry level administrative/secretarial cover letter template
6. Cover Letter Template for Customer Service Jobs
a. Professional customer service cover letter template
b. Entry level customer service cover letter template
7. Cover Letter Template for Medical/Health Jobs
a. Professional medical/health cover letter template
b. Entry level medical/health cover letter template
8. Cover Letter Templates for Aviation Jobs
a. Professional aviation cover letter template
b. Entry level aviation cover letter template
9. Cover Letter Templates for Media/Branding Jobs
a. Professional media/branding cover letter template
b. Entry level media/branding cover letter template
10. Cover Letter Template for Agricultural Jobs
a. Professional agriculture cover letter template
b. Entry level agriculture cover letter template
11. Cover Letter Template for Accounting/Finance Jobs
a. Professional accounting/finance cover letter template
b. Entry level accounting/finance cover letter template
What is a cover letter template?
Just like a CV template, a cover letter template is a cover letter form that helps you with the layout of your letter. The cover letter template guides you on the elements you should include and remove from your cover letter. The cover letter template allows you to customize your cover letter following a pattern.
5 Reason Why You Should Use a Cover Letter Template
- Saves time: creating a cover letter that will give the hiring manager a good impression about you from the scratch may take you a longer time. Using a cover letter template will help you create a winning cover in minutes.
- It helps you create an amazing first impression: Creating a great first impression on your hiring that will help you stand out from the crowd may not be easy, but using a cover letter template will help you that impression on your hiring manager even before they meet you.
- Helps you create a great first impression: Writing a cover letter is the opportunity you have to make that great impression on your hiring manager. A well-constructed cover letter template will help create a good first impression.
- Keeps your cover letter organized and up-to-standard: Using a cover letter template will help you keep your cover letter organized and up-to-date because of the already made structure that you have to work with.
- Helps you personalize a high standard cover letter: Using a cover letter template helps you customize your cover letter retaining the professional cover letter standard.
Tips for using a cover letter template
Using a cover letter template is quite straightforward, but following certain tips/guidelines will help you make a better use of the template.
- Fill in all necessary details: A cover letter template provides you with a well-structured format on which you can build your content the way you want. Even if a structure has already been laid down for you to use, you also have to make sure you fill in all necessary details in the right place. Details like; your contact information, name, address, name of hiring manager, company etc.
- Don’t use all the information on the template: The essence of the template is to guide you to write a amazing cover letter. Using all the information on the cover template may not give you the flexibility you need to personalize your cover letter.
- Let your cover letter reflect the position you are applying for: Even if you are using a cover letter template, you should make sure it reflect the position you are applying for. Even if you are working with a sample, you should always tailor your cover letter in a way that it responds to the description.
- Always include keywords: Adding keywords from the job description to your cover letter proves that you are the best candidate for the job. Since a cover letter template is a structure that is made for everyone, using keywords will help you personalize your cover letter.
- Always check for typos and errors: Even if cover letter templates are created by professionals, there might be little errors here and there, so it is important for you to go through the template to check for possible errors and correct them.
- Save files in compatible formats: Some cover letter templates are created in file formats that cannot be easily viewed and are relative heavy. When you are a using a cover letter template that is not saved with the acceptable formats like; word or PDF, it is important for you to change it to the appropriate format.
- Naming your Cover letter: When you are saving your cover letter, you should give it a proper name that will mean something to the hiring manager. Instead of saving it as “My cover letter”, it is better for you to save it with a more specific name like “Jane-Adams-Customer-Service-cover letter” this kind of name passes the information straight to the hiring manager. If the cover letter was saved with another person’s name, you should not forget to change it
What a Good Cover Letter Should Contain
Your cover letter should be able to sell you to a prospective employer when they take a look at it. For your cover letter to properly sell you, it must contain the following element:
- Your personal details: You should not leave out your personal details so prospective employers can contact you. You should always include personal details like; your name, address, phone number and email address on your cover letter.
- Introduction/personal statement: The introduction is an important aspect of your cover letter that gives the hiring manager the first impression of you. You should always greet and include a personal statement to your introduction.
- Skills/abilities: Your skills and abilities should form the second paragraph of your cover letter. Adding your skills and ability to your cover letter shows the hiring manager that you are capable of doing the job.
- Education/qualification: You don’t need to list your education/qualification like you do for your CV. You talk about your educational qualification in your cover letter if it relates to the job that you are applying for.
- Simple format: keep your cover letter format simple and clear. Your CV should not be more than a page of A4 so that anyone can easily read it.
Using a cover letter template makes cover letter writing simple and easy, but you still need to be sure the information on your cover letter is correct and accurate. You can make use of a cover letter writing service or read this how to write a cover letter writing to be double sure.