MTNF/MUSON Music Scholars Programme 2016
The Musical Society of Nigeria (MUSON) in conjunction with the MTN
Foundation (MTNF), announces entrance examinations for the Eleventh
(11th) set of the MTNF/MUSON Diploma Course in Music for the 2016 - 2017
academic year. The MUSON School of Music staffed and equipped to meet
information standards in Music education.
Applications are invited for:
MTNF/MUSON MUSIC SCHOLARS PROGRAMME
The examinations will take place from August 30th - September 2nd and will take the form of:
- A written examination in Music theory at approximately Grade 5 standard and general music knowledge.
- An audition on a major instrument or voice of at least Grade 5 standard, before a Faculty jury.
- An aural interview.
Applicants for the MTNF/MUSON diploma course in Music are expected to possess the following minimum academic requirements:
- The General Certificate of Education (GCE) Ordinary Level with credits in at least Five (5) subjects including English language.
- The Senior Secondary School Certificate (SSCE) with credits in at least Five (5) subject including English.
- The Five (5) credits must have been obtained at not more than two sittings and before admission to the diploma course.
NB: Applicants who passes the above practical or theory certificate must also satisfy the GCE (O/L) or SSCE requirements
- Practical: Grade Five (5) or higher pass Certificate of the
MUSON School of Music or any other music examining body recognised by
the MUSON School such as ABRSM or Trinity
- Theory: Grade Five (5) or higher pass certificate of the MUSON
School of Music or any other music examining body recognised by the
Application Closing Date
29th July, 2016.
Method of Application
Interested applicants, who are deficient in the theory requirements but
display an outstanding practical ability in the option of the faculty
jury, may be considered for admission but must enroll in the remedial
theory course to meet the necessary standard by the end of the first
Letters of application together with copies of Certificates, Two, (2)
passport photographs and contact telephone number(s) or e-mail should be
MUSON School of Music,
8/9 Marina, Onikan,
All Applications should reach the Director, MUSON School of Music on or before the above stated closing date. Incomplete or late application will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be notified and given an
examinations number which permits them to take examinations and
participate in the auditions and interview.
- Successful candidates from the examination will be invited for admission.