The Nigerian Society of Engineers - The umbrella organization for the Engineering Profession in Nigeria. The Society looks after the professional needs of members through well structured programmes and regular interactions among the different cadre of membership, enhancing high professional standard and ethical practices.
The Nigerian Society of engineers is committed to focus collaboration with, influencing and providing quality advice to the various arms of Government, Industry, Commerce, academia and the Society at large, for the purpose of uplifting the country as a whole. Engineer of The Year Award 2015 Summary
The Engineering Award, which is an Order of Dignity, was instituted to accord due recognition to Engineers and/or Engineering organizations for outstanding Professional attainments and contributions to the general development of Nigeria. A.)
The Nigerian Society of Engineers hereby calls for nomination from the public for the 2015 Engineering Award. The award shall be bestowed during the opening ceremony of 2015 Engineering Conference slated for Akure 17th November, 2015. B.)
Nomination shall be made strictly on the prescribed Nomination/Application format and will be guided by a set of criteria.
Selection shall be made from a wide range of contemporary works spanning.
- Public Infrastructure
- Research, Development and Innovation
The selection will be guided by the following criteria:
- Selection will be made from a wide range of contemporary works which are essentially Nigerian in content and of national distinction;
- Candidate's achievement should be of benefit to the Nigerian society in particular and National development in general; and
- The achievements may constitute a specific breakthrough in any engineering discipline.
Only one (1) nomination may be submitted per application. Nomination/Application shall be accompanied by:
Application Close Date
- Curriculum Vitae of Candidate;
- Citation and summary of achievements in not more than 500 words
All nominations and supporting documents must be sealed and must reach the Executive Secretary of the Nigerian Society of Engineers on or before 30th September, 2015.
Method of Application
Nomination/Application would be collected through the office of:
Nigerian Society of Engineers,
National Engineering Centre,
Central Business District,