The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria 2014 Annual Essay Competition
The Chartered Institute of Personnel Management of Nigeria is the apex regulatory body chartered by Act 58 of 1992 to regulate the practice of Human Resource Management (HRM) in Nigeria. The Institute has the vision of being the foremost people management Institute in Africa respected across the world.
Our main objective is to ensure a continuous professional development of our members and stakeholders contributions to enhance human capital development in the country.
The Institute hereby announces its 2014 Annual Essay Competition. This is an opportunity for interested undergraduates in the Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics to bring to fore, their abilities to carry out research into burning issues in both Nigeria and global economy.
Please note that the essay must be original, empirical and meet the standards for publication in local and international journals. All entries should be typed in double line spacing and must not be more than 10 pages of A4 paper or 3000 words. Font type must be Times New Roman with 12 points font size, citation of source must be made, in-text and work cited must appear at the end of the essay. Plagiarism in all forms is prohibited and will attract outright disqualification of
Topic: Expanding Employment Opportunities for Nigerian Youths: The Self-Employment Imperative.
Method of Participation
- 1st Prize - N125,OOO.00 and 2 HRM books
- 2nd Prize - N100,OOO.00 and 2 HRM books
- 3rd Prize - Nl5,000.00 and 2HRM books
- Employment opportunity/prospect for the first prize winner
- Free registration as student members of CIPM (for non-members) for all prize winners.
- All expenses paid trip to Abuja for CIPM 2014 Annual National Conference
Interested persons must be UNDERGRADUATES of Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics and should send their "spiral bound" papers on or before Thursday, July 31 2014 with the following documents attached.
- Reference letter from the Registrar of their institution
- Photocopy of admission letter to their current institution
- One recent passport sized photograph
- Current mobile telephone number and e-mail address, send to "The Registrar, CIPM"
Entries can also be sent in Microsoft Word format bye-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org and copy: email@example.com with scanned copies of the above documents (in 'a') as an attachment to the entry
CHARTERED INSTITUTE OF PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT OF NIGERIA
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- Past winners are not eligible to participate
1, CIPM Avenue,
Off Obafemi Awolowo Way,
Opp Lagos State Secretariat,
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website: www.cipmnigeria.org
Or call: FUNMI ONASANYA-08037167899, CHARITY NWAIGBO-08097727461 or LIVINA NWAGBARA- 08121969766