If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our Transaction Banking business supports the buying and selling of goods and services across borders, providing products and international networks to facilitate the flow of trade and investment.
In Transaction Banking we help our clients to manage their working capital and obtain critical financing to keep the flow of goods and services moving, helping investors to access markets across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Join the 12 month Transaction Banking International Graduate Programme and we will equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to play your part in shaping the future of global trade, and support commodity flows across the dynamic markets of Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
- Our programme is designed to set you up for success in your first full-time role. What you do and where you go across the breadth of our business is up to you.
What is Transaction Banking?
- Transaction Banking impacts the real economy. It facilitates the flow of trade and investment. We help our clients manage their working capital and obtain critical financing to keep the flow of goods and services moving, helping investors to access markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
Our Transaction Banking business is made up of:
- To help clients manage their cash flows offering account, collection, clearing and payment services.
- Innovate with creative solutions, including mobile money and other digital channels.
- As the world’s leading Trade Bank, we help our clients navigate international trade by offering import, export, inventory, receivables and supply chain financing.
- To provide securities industry participants with tailored banking solutions including custody services and funds services.
What would a year on our International Graduate Programme look like?
We've designed a 12-month programme that will expose you to a variety of work so you can develop all the necessary skills to be successful at Standard Chartered. This is what you can expect during the year...
- Induction - This is where you'll get to know how Standard Chartered operates in your location. We'll set you up to get started.
- Month 1: Rotation in Operations - You'll learn how client transactions are processed and how we service our clients.
- Month 2-3: Induction in Shanghai (5 Weeks) - Get ready for an incredible experience. This is your ultimate induction to the Bank. You'll make connections from around the world and learn everything you need to be successful in your rotations.
- Month 4-6: Rotation in Risk - You'll learn about our approach to risk and how we manage it effectively within Transaction Banking.
- Month 7-9: Rotation in Sales - Join a customer facing segment sales team, working on live deals partnering with senior sales and product colleagues.
- Month 10-12: Rotation in Product Management - Get hands-on in a product management team, working across the product life cycle from development to implementation.
- Deployment - Transition to your first full-time role.
To apply for this stream you must have the following:
- An undergraduate degree
- The legal right to work in the country that you are applying to
- Business level English (the ability to speak more than one language will be highly regarded).
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.