Health Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes. Accurate health data will provide NGO’s, hospitals, and donor agencies with access to timely health system indicators needed to evaluate their health interventions and respond to critical public health needs. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power and knowledge of local people, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in:
- eHealth and mHealth software and solutions
- Technology Infrastructure
- Training and capacity building for sustainable health systems
- Research and data analysis
- Project Management
The Executive Assistant reports directly to the Executive Directors and serves as an integral member of the senior leadership team. The individual in this role will serve as the senior advisor to help the Executive Directors execute the mission, vision, and strategies of eHealth Africa and lead top priority projects. The Executive Assistant will provide insight and roll-up their sleeves to implement. They are charged with maximizing the effective operation of the Executive Office with respect to work flow, scheduling, staffing, budget, grant writing, grant/contract management, communications, and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for day-to-day management of the Executive Directors’ office to ensure appropriate time utilization of the Executive Directors in relationship to external and internal requirements.
- Leads briefings, prepares briefing memos and relevant updates for Executive Directors on relevant issues, outstanding projects and eHA activities; identifies issues, develops contingencies and suggests remedies.
- Prepares detailed operating and financial reports in support of organisational and strategic issues.
- Creates agendas, establishes priorities, and is responsible for the timely preparation and presentation of materials for all key internal meetings involving the Executive Directors, including weekly and monthly staff meetings.
- Works with senior team and executive staff to prepare Executive Directors for internal and external meetings, presentations and events, speaking engagements, and provides staff support to Executive Directors at external meetings, activities and events. Ensures timely follow up of all action items.
- Attends meetings and events on behalf of the Executive Directors.
- Acts as the point person and coordinator of the office when an Executive Director is out of the office.
- Assists the senior management team during weekly leadership meetings and reviews, follows up on senior leaders’ performance tasks, and coordinates with Executive Directors and senior leaders.
- Assists with projects, team’s metrics as well as general business issues.
- Maintains an organized system for tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects. Accurately documents projects’ progression, maintains projects’ timelines, and ensures that staff achieve their stated objectives.
- Assists Executive Directors with the preparation and submission of ad hoc, monthly, quarterly and annual organizational reports to eHA clients and partners.
- Prepares and reconciles time and expense reports and performs audits as necessary. Manages complex time and expense weekly processing; ensures adherence to compliance guidelines.
- Always maintains total confidentiality when working with executive, human resources, financial and sensitive matters as it relates to eHA resources.
- Responsible for overseeing administrative and organizational support for meetings, working with the Executive Directors, senior staff and board members to prepare materials for the board, committee, staff and client/partner meetings, maintaining accurate files and records related to the board of directors, senior management, and clients/partners. Assists in the development of communications to the board, senior management and clients/partners, and assists in the development and planning of the annual board and senior management strategy retreat.
- Assists the Executive Directors in developing, planning and executing company-wide, and or office-wide communications and events, including monthly all staff meetings, employee recognition events, office parties, and other eHA events.
- Assists Executive Directors and senior staff in the development, maintenance and reporting of metrics related to the organization’s strategic plan; assists in the review and assessment of the strategic plan; assists with examination of business operations to propose improvements to business results and operational effectiveness
- Collects and maintains up-to-date research on potential grant making organizations and grant/contract opportunities. Writes grants. Strategically manages components of the data management processes. Monitors regulatory compliance. Works internally with staff to structure processes and requirements for grant management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organisation's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Supervises assigned Administrative staff.
Desired Skills and Experience
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor's degree from college or university in Business Management, Finance or related field is required.
- A graduate degree in Business Management, Finance, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a senior management position, including an advisory or consulting capacity; finance; corporate strategy; or COS in a similar environment is required.
- Experience with, or knowledge of policy and research supporting and advocating for global healthcare, human services, or development programs in the communities in which eHA serves is a plus.
- Experience dealing with confidential and sensitive data and information, as well as responsibility for communications.
- Demonstrated strong performance in previous roles with increasing levels of responsibilities and independence.
- Ability to understand and anticipate challenges facing executives and be able to manage/reschedule priorities effectively and proactively. Good mind reader and sense of humor.
- Ability to quickly understand business and technical concepts, instructions, applications. Intellectual curiosity.
- A solid understanding of operations, reporting and forecasting.
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills with impeccable business judgment, and guided by exceptional common sense.
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- A self-starter who acts independently and directs one’s own work.
- Strong, demonstrated leadership skills that include the ability to work collaboratively with executive and senior management, project teams, and clients/partners.
- Exemplary interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to effectively present and execute innovative ideas. Open to feedback.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively, and handle stressful situations with measured calmness and decisiveness.
- Ability to provide training, expertise, coaching and mentoring to internal staff on best practices and organizational requirements.
- Must possess personal integrity and be completely trustworthy.
- Ability to drive the eHA mission; ability to influence and establish confidence among individuals at all levels of the organization.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.