The Voices for Change (V4C) program is now recruiting a Management Information System (MIS) officer for the head office in Abuja, Nigeria.
Part time - 3 days per week
The MIS Officer will provideoperational leadershipsupportto the V4C database to maintain a robust MIS for the programme.
Voices for Change
V4C is a DFID funded programme that addresses the enabling environment for gender equality and women’s empowerment. Managed by GRM International the programme impact will be that adolescent girls and women (AGW) get improved access to health, education, economic, political opportunity and justice. This will contribute to the achievement of all the MDGs. The programme outcome is the enabling environment for AGW’s empowerment in Nigeria strengthened.
The purpose of the MIS Officer role is to provide operational leadership of the V4C database under the strategic guidance of the Results and Measurement Lead. The MIS Officer will work to maintain a robust MIS for the programme, incorporating all programme related data / information.
The MIS Officer will be responsible for the management of V4C MIS, analysing data entered on a monthly basis and supporting the Results and Measurement Lead in managing a consolidated synthesis of results.
Maintain and improve the V4C database in consultation with the Results and Measurement Lead, including:
- Commissioning the development and installation of database application(s) in order to make it fit for purpose.
- Analysing data entered into the MIS on an on-going basis as well as monthly and alert relevant officers if there is need for any intervention.
- Producing monthly V4C MIS report using agreed format on a timely basis to inform management decisions.
- Producing quarterly MIS Reports to feed into V4C formal reporting to DFID.
- Writing database documentation (including back-up and recovery plans), including data standards, procedures and for the data dictionary (metadata).
- Controlling access permissions and privileges.
- Ensuring storage archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
Provide technical support to the V4C team, including:
- Contributing to the planning and implementation of all country and sub-project research, target audience analysis, mid-term reviews, behavioural surveillance surveys, special studies and evaluation research in support of V4C programme objectives.
- Creating and maintaining a database of case studies and other documentation of programme impacts, liaising with the programme staff and ensuring that this database is populated on an on-going basis.
Provide administrative support to the V4C team, including:
- Communicating regularly with programme staff to ensure database integrity and security.
- Working with relevant programme staff to ensure all relevant MIS templates are completed and data entered into the system.
- Monitoring performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users.
- Performing any other duties as assigned by the Results and Measurement Lead and Deputy Team Leader.
The MIS Officer will be contracted for 3 days per week, and is required to start work ASAP.
Minimum education and experience required
- Undergraduate degree in Behavioural/Social Sciences, Statistics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
- Minimum of three years post NYSC work experience.
- Experience developing and managing MIS system.
- Good oral, presentation and written comprehension skills.
- Excellent computer skills and good command of software such as MS Word, Excel, and Access, as well as SPSS, CS Pro and STATA.
- Experience of writing reports.
- Proficient at analysing, synthesizing, documenting and presenting results of technical information, particularly behavioural research.
- Good understanding of the role of MIS in effective project management.
- Knowledge of on-going and emerging issues in relation to gender programming.
- Excellent inter personal skills.
Method of Application
Applicants must have eligibility to work and live in Nigeria. To apply, please submit your CV through the GRM International Careers Page (http://www.grminternational.com/jobs).
Applications close on Friday, 29th August 2014.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.