If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
GE is an advanced technology, services and capital company with the scale, resources and expertise to take on the world’s toughest challenges. Dedicated to innovation in the areas of energy, health, transportation and infrastructure, we’re committed to leadership, integrity, partnership and human progress.
GE businesses ranging from Aviation, Capital, Oil & Gas, Energy Management, Power and Water, Healthcare, Transportation and Home & Business Solutions have operations on the African continent. Major locations include Angola, Ghana, Kenya, Nigeria and South Africa. Over 1300 employees are working in the region, creating local partnerships and providing solutions & services that supports Africa’s infrastructure and sustainable growth. We are also dedicated to knowledge transfer, whether it is providing technical expertise to customers by hosting customer summits, to developing young local talent through unique programs such as the Early Career Development Program in Nigeria.
GE Global Growth Organization is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Number: 1984314
Location: Nairobi, Angola, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa
The SSA Chief Marketing Officer is a key member of the Global Growth Organization (GGO) team. In this role you will demonstrate accountability for marketing functional, business, and broad company objectives. You will own and execute the marketing strategy with the objective to accelerate our growth across the organization. This individual is expected to drive simplification initiatives within area of expertise, be involved in long-term planning, and contribute to the overall growth strategy
In this role you will:
- Lead and conduct the following activities: utilize market insights and strategy to grow market share; advance the win rate in growth, innovation and new markets to grow revenues and volume; drive go to market activities to grow orders and CM
- Lead customers, industry, and competitor research and analysis to develop strategies to support business growth and profitability
- Understand regional trends and analyze competition to increase sales competitive intelligence
- Ensure that value creation to the customer is properly achieved across P&Ls and segments
- Provide advice and counsel to senior management in support of business strategies
- Actively support BluePrint process, defining mid-term growth strategy, partnering with P&Ls, regions and sales teams. Drive the regional process to facilitate a focus on longer term business planning
- Collaborate and partner with regions, P&L, and global strategic marketing team members to drive marketing excellence, benchmark best practices, etc.
- Continuous focus on sizing up and developing intimate knowledge of the markets and drivers in areas where local GE businesses participate
- Interaction with regional business commercial resources and sales teams
- Sponsor and champion for Experienced Commercial Leadership Program (ECLP) pipeline. Take an active role in hiring, ensuring quality assignments and supporting program requirements for the Global Growth Organization and regional business program members
- Identify, create and lead a local team based on the key problem statement of the region in order to facilitate business growth in the region
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in engineering, business, marketing, or similar field
- 10+ years' experience in Business Management or Sales/Marketing, R&D or equivalent years of experience in progressive leadership positions
- Proven leadership and ability to orchestrate resources and motivate teams. An inclusive leader who builds a connection to the workforce through personal involvement and trust.
- Excellent influencing skills are critical for success in this position
- Shows strong commercial instincts, tireless research, exact attention to detail and innovative spirit
- Able to deliver insights and alternatives that accelerate and magnify growth
- Executive level presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, influencing, and leadership skills; proven ability to work well in a matrix environment
- Strong executive presence and experience working with senior management
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
- MBA or Master's degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field
- Experience in the [oil & gas/healthcare/power & water/energy management/transportation/aviation/etc.] industry with in-depth knowledge of [industry] market
- Proven track record to deliver on business goals. Demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of customer/marketplace and drivers that influence customer behavior
- Proven ability to influence and drive change through exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.