CAMRIS International is a growing international development and research firm with experience working in more than 80 countries. We combine our proven systems with today’s most effective, evidence-based best practices to improve the lives of people around the world. CAMRIS applies a customized, customer-centric, cost-effective business approach to offer greater value to our clients and challenge the way things have always been done in our field. Our clients include US government agencies, other bilateral and multilateral donors, and private corporations.
CAMRIS’ core practice areas include Global Health, Agriculture and Food Security, Economic Development, Education, Environment, Humanitarian Assistance, Democracy and Governance, and Medical Research. Cross cutting service areas include Capacity Building, Institutional Support, Monitoring and Evaluation, and Project Implementation.
CAMRIS is seeking CVs from qualified candidates for a full-time Project Director position for a potential education project in Northeastern Nigeria. The Project Director will deliver overall technical and administrative leadership and expertise for the activity and act as the primary connection to USAID/Nigeria on management and technical matters, while also serving as liaison with key stakeholders. The position will oversee implementation of the overall project, ensuring that stipulated goals and reporting requirements are met on time and of high quality.
The position calls for an individual able to work effectively with a diverse team in complex, politically charged and unstable environments, where various cultures may intersect and overlap.
· Master’s degree in education or relevant field.
· At least 10 years of overseas COP or comparable senior management experience in the education sector.
· At least five years in senior technical experience in the education sector in a developing country.
· At least three years of experience working the educations sector in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Nigeria or West Africa.
· Experience in education in conflict-affected, alternative, and rural settings is a must.
· Other preferred education-related experience includes: teacher training, girls education, resilience, peace curriculum, and/or community engagement.
· Professionally proficient and fluent in English – written and spoken. Hausa language is preferred, but not required.
CAMRIS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.