Etisalat Nigeria commenced commercial operations on 23 October 2008 with a promise to deliver innovative and quality services in Nigeria, Since then, Nigeria has continued to witness its innovative services.
Etisalat redefined speed with the roll-out of the unique 3.75G HSPA+ network and It has continued to prove itself an innovative company keen to give its subscribers the best possible experience at the most affordable price.
Etisalat Nigeria has seen unprecedented growth in the Nigerian telecoms industry with 18 million subscribers and consistently demonstrates its core values of – teamwork, integrity, passion for excellence, empowering our people and growing our people to Nigerians as it offers them world-class telecommunications services..
Etisalat has received several awards and endorsements for its quality and innovative services. Barely six months of operations in Nigeria, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) pronounced Etisalat, Nigeria’s best network based on quality of service indices. In November 2012, Etisalat again received another award from the NCC for Excellent Customer Service. Other notable awards include - Brand of the Year award, Fastest Growing GSM Company of the Year, Best Marketing Company, Most Innovative Corporate Social Responsibility Company, Friendliest Tariff Mobile Operator, Best Telecoms Customer Service and Most Innovative Mobile Operator among others.
Indeed, at Etisalat the future is a world in which technology extends people’s reach on all fronts.
Responsible for all network related assets capitalisation, depreciation, disposal, impairment and verification.
- Analysis and provide guidance on accounting standards that relate to non-current asset.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice with respect to Asset accounting and management.
- Assist in the development of fixed asset processes, policy and procedures.
- Good knowledge of Technical Assets including 2G, 3G and switching equipments.
- Provide input on Etisalat fixed asset accounting policies, processes and procedures
- Account for network assets additions and obtain ready for service advise for the period
- Recognize and capitalize network assets in line with IFRS and other relevant accounting tandards
- Timely Update of the Fixed Assets register with all additional network assets acquisition
- Book all Fixed Assets Capitalization Journals using appropriate description
- Account for custom duties and capitalize based on sites ready for service
- Ensure that network assets capitalization complies with Capitalization PPP's
- Assets in the Fixed Asset register are complete for depreciation charge
- Compute monthly Depreciation charge for assets in the Register
- Depreciation charge are on qualified Assets
- The depreciation charge are within the acceptable effective rate
- Approval and authorization for all asset to be disposed in line with company's disposal policy
- Obtain historical information for all assets to be disposed
- Booking of Disposed Assets on ERP
- Ensure proceed on disposed Assets are adequately remitted and recorded appropriately
- Bachelor's degree or its equivalent in Accounting, Finance or any other relevant field.
- ICAN, ACCA, CIMA or part qualification
- Membership of a recognised relevant professional institution
Experience, Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of two years relevant experience in fixed assets accounting and management.
- 3 - 5 years post-graduation experience
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.