If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
eHealth Africa is focused on improving healthcare by creating effective ways to implement reliable health information management systems. We have developed eHealth and mHealth solutions that can be rapidly deployed to manage patient information, streamline clinical procedures, and provide data and analysis on health program outcomes. Accurate health data will provide NGO’s, hospitals, and donor agencies with access to timely health system indicators needed to evaluate their health interventions and respond to critical public health needs. We bring about positive change by harnessing the potential of technology, valuing the power and knowledge of local people, and maintaining a sharp focus on the health worker. To help close the gap in access to health care we have developed and share a depth of expertise in:
- eHealth and mHealth software and solutions
- Technology Infrastructure
- Training and capacity building for sustainable health systems
- Research and data analysis
- Project Management
eHealth Africa works closely with health NGOs in order to provide them with technology solutions that will enhance their on-going and new health programs. We also strive to work with state and government officials to manage large scale implementations at health facilities across the country.
The Project Assistant is responsible for the overall coordination of deployments of the Mobile Data Gathering Tool “LoMIS” (Logistics Management Information System) to new user groups. This includes organizing testing, training and deployment follow-up to ensure high adoption rate and ongoing user satisfaction. Ensures timely communication and appropriate information is disseminated to the LoMIS team, vendors and partners/clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts health facilities visits to support LoMIS use.
- Creates detailed reports from database, google docs and notes on LoMIS rollout.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests.
- Creates and monitors bug report from tests.
- Conducts thorough testing of the application manually and with test user groups.
- Reports and tracks issues regarding the project or application.
- Attends and participates in trainings and team meetings. Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Responsible for performing any other duty as assigned by management.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by following procedures, rules and regulations
- Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
- May frequently travel between company worksites?
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Bachelor’s degree from college or university with an emphasis in Project Management or any related field.
- Minimum of three years prior experience in related industry or an equivalent combination of education and experience in project coordination.
- Familiarity with software development process is desirable.
- Must possess high level data manipulation skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and deliver within tight timelines while being flexible in adapting to new roles.
- Good organizational and time management skills are required.
- Experience organizing workshops and giving presentations is required.
Certifications and Licenses
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification is preferred
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, (including Excel).
- Proficiency working within specialized software is preferred
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Fluency in Hausa is desirable.
- Ability to read, analyse, proof and edit documents, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to interpret data that is not well defined or documented and develop recommendations based on findings.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.