A career at RusselSmith offers you growth and a chance to make a difference. Throughout our history, we have continued to help our employees realize their dreams, whilst creating opportunities for them to fulfill their personal and professional potential.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Contact current and potential customers, visit companies to evaluate needs, and promote sale of services, new and existing company services.
• Sale of the organization's tools & services to the both existing and potential customers using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence customers and assist them in applying the tools/services to their needs resulting in revenue generation.
• Research customer needs and develop application of products and services in an effective manner by:
Ø Determining market strategies & goals for each product and service
Ø Researching and developing lists of potential customers
Ø Carrying out market research to determine customer needs & providing information to other staff
Ø Evaluating product & service marketability in terms of customers’ technical needs
following up on sales leads and developing leads
Ø Maintaining up-to-date understanding of industry trends and technical developments that affect target markets
Ø Establishing & maintaining industry contacts that lead to sales with the customer to ensure sales opportunities for products & services.
• Develop and deliver sales presentations and close sales in a professional and effective manner by:
Ø Developing sales and marketing proposals for customers on technical products & services and making presentations to users/clients
Ø Developing technical presentations & workshops; maintaining up-to-date awareness of activities, industry trends & government regulations
Ø Making regular sales calls to develop relationships and follow up on leads; acting to close deals & finalize contacts
Ø Meeting established sales quotas and revenue goals
• Participate in sales forecasting and planning in an effective manner by:
Ø Researching, developing & maintaining long & short range sales & marketing plans
Ø Producing regular reports & final plans for management’s approval
Ø Maintaining an up-to-date awareness of strategic plans and procedures to coordinate market sales plans
Ø Monitoring, analyzing, & communicating sales data to contribute to product/service planning
• Develop and maintain communications in a cooperative and professional manner with all levels customers
• Meets and or exceed assigned company sales targets.
• Develop and implement sales and marketing strategies, sales programs, promotions, efforts and events including goal setting.
• Develops service awareness in the marketplace to ensure sustained profit growth of sales in the company.
• Prepares written reports of sales activities including sales orders, backlog, forecasts, lost accounts etc.; provides timely briefings to the Management as necessary or as requested.
• Perform surveys and gather information on behalf of the company.
• Manage allotted sales account(s) of both existing and potential customers.
• Establish and maintain ongoing customer relationships with the various parties to anticipate and resolve potential problems. Participate in site visits.
• Meet and exceed customers’ service expectations as outlined in the department’s policies and procedures.
• Performs work with a constant awareness of improving processes necessary for positive growth.
• Generate requested or assigned departmental reports
• Monitor and supervise the business sales officers.
• Represent the Company as a Brand Ambassador.
• Performs other duties as required or as assigned.
• At least 2-3 years of sales experience within a structured organization
• Experience in sales would be an added advantage
• Good relational and interpersonal skills.
• Good team spirit
• Good problem solving, initiative and negotiation skills
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Good presentation skills
• Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis skills
• Good reasoning skills; multi-tasking skills and organizational skills
• Good analytical skills
• Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Tools
• Good reasoning ability is important.
• Able to understand and utilize management reports, memos and other documents to conduct business.
• A good university first degree is required.
Physical demands of the job
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.