Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, program management, construction management, and technical services. The Company supports government and commercial clients by providing innovative solutions focused on water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. With 16,000 associates worldwide, Tetra Tech's capabilities span the entire project life cycle.
- Based in Kano, this position works within the Security Services Section of a mid-sized operational services company
- This is a mid level position provides Security support to our staff located across the Northern Region including Kano, Kaduna, and Jigawa
- Ensuring that security plans including Standard Operating Procedures, Emergency Response Plans and other security directives are operationalized and become part of the daily routine for all staff
- Oversight of a busy journey management program
- Assisting the Security Manager by ensuring the use of approved hotels, hospitals, domestics airlines, taxi services and other approved vendors
- Delivering the security briefing for staff arriving directly to Kano
- Providing support during any critical incident
- Contributing to an occurrences database by assisting in any investigation as required by the Security Manager
- Conducting routine communications checks by running drills
- Monitoring and directing guard performance and liaising with security contractors
- Maintaining the fire safety program, testing smoke detectors and fire extinguishers regularly and carrying out fire drills twice annually
- Coordinating and delivering security-related training as requested by the Security Manager
- Coordinating the activities of the health and safety committee
- Preparing reports for management on security-related issues; and
- Other related duties.
Requirements, Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Security Studies, Security and Risk Management, Criminal Justice or any related field of study
- ASIS certification will be beneficial in this role
- A minimum of 5 years recent experience with a security agency or international company
- Experience with the use of a variety of computer applications including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of security services including principles, theories and practices of security;
- Knowledge of the political and security landscape of Northern Nigeria;
- Knowledge of common safety rules, regulations, procedures and practices;
- Knowledge of First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR);
- Ability to operate office equipment, personal computers, and related security equipment;
- Ability to communicate effectively in English and in Hausa;
- Ability to draw data from multiple sources and create spreadsheets, charts, diagrams and reports; and
- Ability to work under pressure and willingness to work outside of normal work hours, when necessary.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Package to: email@example.com Please note "Assistant Security Manager, Kano" in the subject line.
Your application package should include:
- A cover letter detailing how you meet the Education and Experience qualifications; please include photocopies of educational certificates, ASIS certificates, First Aid/CPR certification, etc.
- Your CV; and
- Contact details for three recent work-related referees.
- Only applicants who meet the Education and Experience qualifications will be contacted. If you do not meet these, you need not apply.
- Applications received after this time will not be considered.
- Who Can Apply: Nigerian citizens only.