The American University of Nigeria, Yola, is seeking for an Administrative Assistant. This position is a local one open to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
• The Administrative Assistant contributes to the efficient day-to-day operations of the Bursary Department
• Performs a wide variety of administrative support services, ranging from complex to routine, all of which contribute to the efficient and professional operation of the office of the Bursar.
• Work in the Bursar’s office includes the handling of a variety of projects and tasks simultaneously.
• Assists in the timely, accurate preparation and distribution of meetings agendas and special events.
• Maintains confidentiality, tact and respect for all contacts
• Prepares, gathers, and relays confidential information and material on a regular basis.
• Organizes special events as required by the Assistant Bursar.
• Maintains comprehensive records on budget expenditures for Assistant Bursar.
• Attends meetings, as assigned, to record minutes.
• Graduate in any of the social science or related business field.
• Knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining general ledgers
• Experience in completion of bookkeeping and office administration procedures, coursework combined with related financial and administrative experience.
• Must have a minimum of two years’ experience in accounts receivable and proficiency in MS-Office and OPENERP a plus.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
• Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information
• Confidentiality concerning financial files
• The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal attributes:
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.