SRH Activity Manager at the Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
Posted on: 7 November, 2019
Deadline: 19 November, 2019
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Alliance for International Medica
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below
Location: Monguno, Borno
- ALIMA started SRH activities in Monguno MCH since 2017, and have been running BEMONC and CEMONC activities in Monguno MCH, then in both MCH and general hospital.
- For BEMONC activities, ALIMA is operating in 2 IDPs camps clinic and in MCH. For CEMONC activities including C-Section and blood transfusion, ALIMA started first in MCH then since April 2019 we are operating in general hospital.
Mission and Main Activities
- TO Ensure the proper functioning of the reproductive health activities under his/her responsibility in Monguno project where ALIMA is running medical activities. Defining and implementing universal protocols and procedures; guaranteeing the quality of healthcare in order to improve health conditions of the target population
- The SRH activities manager will assist the SRH team to set up and follow SOPs in all units and OT and follow universal standard precautions during and after procedures for effective infection control. The expert will assist the team to reduce maternal and neonatal morbidity and mortality in Monguno, this will be achieved by involving the community and our TBAs network to increase the awareness of good health care practices for our beneficiaries
- He/She reports to the Medical Referent
- He/She supervises the national midwives
- He/She collaborates with others services (OPD/OTP/ITFC/IPD/outreach/epidemic surveillance) and department (Logistic & Administration)
- Harmonize the implementation of sexual reproductive health (SRH) services in line with national/ WHO guidelines
- Organize and ensure supervision of SRH activities i.e. antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (CEmONC and BEmONC), neonatal and post abortion care, management of victims of gender base and sexual violence, female genital mutilation and in close collaboration with other medical staff.
- Ensures that all pregnant women and new born children are immunized according to national guideline. Collaborate with the field doctors when required (normal or complicated deliveries, SV cases, etc.).
- Ensures the patients (especially newborn babies) are followed up correctly since delivery and until discharge.
- Ensure and supervise the respect of protocols by all staff under he/her supervision, in order to guarantee/improve the quality of.
- Plan and supervise the processes associated to HR and team management (recruitment, develop staff Job descriptions, staff performance evaluation, motivation, internal/ external communication, etc.) of the midwife and maternity staff in the project, in order the appropriate team size, capabilities and skills, and enhance the health promotion and disease prevention.
- Participate in the definition and update of annual project planning and budget, as well as participate in any emergency activity or exploratory visit in or out of the project area if needed, in order to keep control of activities and projects while adapting the humanitarian assistance given to the population according to the changing conditions and context.
- Analyze routine data and supervise quality service provision. Is responsible for the reporting of SRH activities (collection and analysis of medical statistics), and participates in the epidemiological reports related to health facilities in the project area and in the monthly reports according to guidelines. Supervise the proper distribution of drugs and use of material, keeping track of consumption patterns and supply orders, and monitoring inventories, together with the project pharmacy manager, in order to ensure having minimum levels of stock to carry out the project and a rational and appropriate use of materials.
- Build capacity of midwives and maternity staff on overall management and day to day management and supervision of SRH activities
- Organize training and update ALIMA staff and hospital technical staff on RH and women health
- Organize a network of Traditional Medical Attendants (TBA) for pregnant women and SGBV sensitization
- Ensure the coaching of the national midwife supervisor
Experience and Skills
- Midwifery recognized qualification essential. Tropical medicine training desirable.
- Five years experience as a midwife including two years in management position. Having worked with INGO’s and in developing countries is an asset. Experience with medical international NGO, an asset
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Strong interpersonal skills, team work.
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible, patient and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with numerous deadlines, etc.
- English essential, local language is an asset (Hausa, Kanuri…)
- Speaking French is an asset.
- Contract term: contract under French law, renewable
- Salary: depending on experience + per diem
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee
Method of Application
Note: Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
Interested and qualified? Go to Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) career website on candidatures.alima.ong to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)Similar Jobs
- Senior Manager, Nigeria Policy and Government Affairs at Global Citizen
- Operations Officer (CCCM) at the International Organization for Migration (IOM)
- Project Coordinator at Search for Common Ground (SFCG)
- Consultant - Study on Statelessness at the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- EPI Nurse at Medecins du Monde (MdM)
- Nutrition Officer (Information Management) at the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund
- Job Openings at Mercy Corps
- Job Openings at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)