Edwin Drake is a specialist Oil and Gas Recruitment Consultancy operating primarily across the Upstream Oil and Gas Industry, with a strong focus on Sub-Saharan Africa. As a strategic recruitment partner, our focus is on building long-lasting relationships with candidates and clients alike, each time striving to achieve best match from both technical as well as team point of view, therefore enabling organisational and individual growth. At Edwin Drake we understand the challenges of recruiting in countries where the local content is of utmost importance such as Nigeria and Angola. This in-depth market knowledge has enabled us to build a strategic network of professionals across these regions, who are either based locally or in the Diaspora as well as expatriates with proven experience and success in these countries.
We are currently representing a highly reputable Nigerian Energy Consortium who is seeking to identify a highly experienced professional who can join their Power Generation Business and take the company further by successfully driving performance, change management and profit growth.
- This is a permanent opportunity, which will see you based in Nigeria close to Lagos where you will liaise with various Stakeholders: Local Communities, Authorities, etc.
- The main driver for this role will be enabling and supporting Change Management with a big focus on building and developing a successful Company Culture whilst improving the reliability and efficiency of the plant that will translate in improvements across: team work, processes and structures, quality of service, etc.
- Your strong general management, strategy and technical expertise, in addition to your ability to plan and manage multiple client assignments will be highly utilized, as your remit will cover multi-city/ multi-state projects and operations.
Successful candidates will have experience in:
- 15-20 years of progressive experience in the Power Generation business with a minimum of 5 years of experience as the head of Plant Operations within a Combined Cycle plant with a minimum of 1000MW.
- Extensive exposure to working in Developing Countries, ideally with previous experience working in Nigeria
- Solid experience simultaneously managing, planning and monitoring several multimillion dollar projects.
- Demonstrated and cogent experience in field of specialization including but not limited to international and emerging power markets, industry restructuring, infrastructure, laws and regulations in which they are nationally or internationally renowned as an expert.
- In depth knowledge of the private and public sector business environments and political/policy issues affecting the industry.
- Experience in mergers, acquisition and divestitures and managing change.
- Extensive strategic insight and experience of directing critical infrastructure project development and delivery of value and bringing new business.
- Excellent ability and experience in leading and motivating others and knowledge management.
- Strong and first-rate educational background with terminal or advanced certification in the specialized area of competency.
- Relationship management experience and new business development skills.
Method of Application
For a confidential discussion, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us. Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale