The following vacancies exist at Stanbic IBTC
• To deliver real value to allocated portfolios by executing against the given marketing and communication strategy and plan
• To develop marketing and communications campaign and collateral strategies
• To execute marketing and communications campaigns and collateral requirements
• To manage the relationship with business partners
• To continually seek ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of marketing and communications
• Develop campaign and collateral strategies. Ensure alignment to the business strategy for the particular portfolio, and the BU Marketing and Communications strategy and brand strategy.
• Translate knowledge of the market into campaign and collateral propositions.
• Project management of marketing and communications campaigns and projects to ensure delivery on time, within budget and on objectives set.
• Ensure centrally coordinated campaigns are translated into local tactics.
• Evaluate all campaigns and projects. This includes the setting of targets, indentifying of measurement tools and reporting.
• Collaborate with the relevant Marketing and Communications specialist within Group Marketing to optimise the effectiveness of marketing and communication
• Collaborate with Marketing and Communication specialists in the team to optimise the impact of projects
• Collaborate with other Marketing and Communications managers to optimise the shared opportunities
• Ensure all agency and studio briefings yield relevant solutions, efficiently.
• Manage the relationship with business partners and act as a link between Marketing and Comms and business areas to ensure buy-in into campaign strategies and creative and media strategies
• Support business units in developing ad hoc material using marketing resources (e.g. the studio). Optimise activities and the use of resources.
• Effectively manage the marketing and communication budgets for the campaigns, tracking spend against budget and ensuring on time payment of invoices.
• Manage the day-to-day development and production of marketing and communications elements
• Record all information and material on all campaigns and projects cohesively and comprehensively (charters, briefs, budgets, creative and media strategies, creative, media plans, reviews)
Key performance measures
• Understanding and application of the business strategies within the portfolio, and how it relates to the BU and country strategy
• Understanding and application of the BU Marketing and Communications, and brand strategies.
• Quality of the campaign and collateral strategies and plans
• Quality of insight into the market: consumer attitudes and behaviours
• Efficiency and effectiveness of project management
• Quality of marketing and communications charters
• Quality of agency briefs and debriefs
• Quality of all marketing and communications elements produced
• Quality of localised tactics related to centrally managed campaigns and projects
• The quality of campaign/project evaluations and reporting
• Effectiveness of marketing and communications campaigns, collateral and projects
• Quality of the relationship with business partners, agencies, studio and others within Marketing and Communications
• Quality of financial reporting and management of budgets
• Quality of record keeping
• Quality of leadership and people management
Key dimensions of the job
• Total number of people in the marketing team: 13
• No of direct reports: 3
• Responsible for managing campaign budgets
• Sphere of influence: Project team working on a specific project / campaign
Main purpose of the job
To grow and retain a portfolio of commercial banking relationships by performing both a pro- and re-active value adding role to those customers, ensuring that appropriate personal attention is given to customers and that the customers are provided with products, services and advice that meet their needs