ABOUT GENDER RESOURCES:
GRI advances gender equality and women’s empowerment so that all people – women, men, boys, and girls – have equal abilities and opportunities to lead more fulfilling lives. We utilize innovative practices in adult education, communication technology, and results-based program management to achieve programs with tangible impacts for real people. Incorporated in 2012, GRI is a Woman Owned Small Business (WOSB) based in San Francisco, California.
GRI is currently seeking a Vocational Trainer for Women for an anticipated DFID-funded economic development and poverty reduction program in Nigeria. The Trainer will have overall accountability to ensure strategic development, delivery of project results, and client satisfaction for gender equity and women’s empowerment project components. Periodic overnight travel will be required.
Nigerian nationals are encouraged to apply.
This position in contingent on funding.
· Oversee strategic development and program deliverables for gender and women’s programs
· Monitor budgets, grants and expenditures
· Serve as primary point of contact (POC) for gender
· Recruit and oversee international consultants and local national staff
· Maintain collaborative relationships with project staff
· Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual reports, work-plans, and success stories as required by client and GRI
· Travel to field to ensure successful delivery of program results
· Perform other duties as assigned by the Team Lead
· Masters in economic development, or similar required.
· Ten (10) years experience developing and managing vocational training programs for women; 15 years preferred.
· Experience with making markets work for the poor (M4P) preferred.
· Prior management experience preferred.
· Fluency in English required. Fluency in at least one local language preferred.
· Prior experience working on DFID programs preferred.
· Excellent management and administrative skills.
· High level of interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, foreign government personnel, members of donor organizations, funders and policy makers
· Self-motivated and well organized.
· Ability to work collaboratively, supportively, and respectfully with others.
· Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
· Flexibility and willingness to travel to difficult environments to complete program assignments.
· Nigerian nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply, please email your CV (in English) to email@example.com. Please include “Nigeria Women’s Vocational Trainer”in the subject line.
Pay is commensurate with position and experience.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.
GRI is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, ancestry, age, disability, citizenship status, uniformed service member status, marital status, or pregnancy.