In this role, you will primarily work as a Backend Engineer to constantly deploy innovative ways to build our platform Carrot.
As the Senior Backend Engineer, you will take on complex tasks and complete them despite roadblocks, grabbing others for help or insight as necessary. You will require very little oversight beyond high-level direction; you can take a complex user story, break it down into sub-tasks, and complete their sub-tasks with relative ease. You will show initiative beyond knocking tasks off a list you are able to identify and suggest areas of future work for yourself or your team. You will take pride in owning an award-winning product and enabling Carrot Technologies to grow and scale as an organization.
You’re the kind of person who:
- Believes that building great software is more than just delivering working code, that other aspects such as reusability, testability, maintainability, security, and performance are just as important.
- Is constantly learning and expanding your skillsets on and off the job.
Key Responsibilities of the Role
- Work closely with the team members and other stakeholders to understand the business needs.
- Deliver complex software solutions that meet those needs.
- Promote and nurture a good team of young and enterprising software engineers.
- Bring vision to the team in the form of new technology recommendations, ideas and approaches.
We are interested in a candidate with experience in the following technologies that we currently use:
- SQL/No SQL
- 4-8 years of software development experience
- Strong understanding of computer science principles
- Experience working in an agile environment (standups, sprint planning, retrospectives, etc)
- Experience or strong interest in microservices architectures and distributed systems
- Solid written and verbal communication
- Solid foundation in Linux administration and troubleshooting..
- Experience with system automation
- Deeply familiar with concepts like DevOps, Continuous Delivery and TDD
- Having a good knowledge of Frontend and Designs is a plus.
go to method of application »
- Provide financial advice on acquiring funding.
- Manage financial systems and budgets.
- Undertake financial audits - an independent check of an organization's financial position.
- Maintaining accounts receivable files and records.
- Producing monthly financial and management reports.
- Ensure that the financial policies/procedures of the company are implemented efficiently and in line with generally accepted accounting practices e.g. FIRS
- Institute adequate financial control systems and processes to secure the assets and Efficient operation of the organization
- Detect and prevent fraud in forensic accounting.
- Develop key financial processes including budgeting, management & financial accounting/reporting.
- Monthly, quarterly and annual budgeting and variation reporting
- Maintain accounting records.
- Prepare financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts
- Monitor all account payable checks, prepare invoices and updates on all accounts.
- Perform research, reconcile all bank accounts and resolves all issues in processes.
- Prepare and document all taxes and its filing.
Other duties as assigned.
- BSc/HND in Accounting or related studies
- 2-4 years of relevant working experience
- Preferably a chartered accountant
- Proficient in acquiring funding, financial proposal, process and management of it to help the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of accounting software and basic accounting principles.
- Having strong skills in Maths, Computer, Communication and Data analysis.
- Proficient in preparation of reports and compliance document required by law, regulations or/and company policies
- Adherence to laid down organizational authorities.
- Able to maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Confidential, Reliable & Detail-oriented
- Flexibility and Adaptability.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skill
Method of Application
Applicants should send CVs to email@example.com