Part of Kaplan Inc., Kaplan International's activities span a dynamic, growing English language business, a broad suite of higher education programmes in UK, Asia Pacific and Australia and a professional and vocational training operation which offers courses in Australia and Asia Pacific. In our Higher Education division, we offer a range of courses from university foundation certificates in the UK, Australia, USA, China and Nigeria through to full degree programmes in business and management at locations in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. Through our academic partnerships with leading universities and our focus on first-rate pastoral care and student support, we offer international students flexible higher education study options.
We are now looking for a College Director, responsible for the leadership and direction of our University Pathways college in Nigeria, which opened in November 2013 offering Nigerian students an educational pathway into the Consortium of North American Universities (CNAU). Your focus will be to ensure that the college delivers an exceptional educational experience to each student – from the quality of the teaching through to the standard of facilities and to the high level of customer service from all staff in the college. You will also work to ensure that the budget is well managed, that operational and financial targets are met and that the relationships with our partner universities and other key bodies are nurtured and maintained.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Running and day to day operations of the college to high levels of quality in teaching, student support and associated services
- Managing the Academic Manager and student services staff and to plan, organise and monitor the daily achievement of school goals and objectives
- Ensuring high level of customer service levels are delivered to students at all times
- Showcasing and promoting school to visitors and staff (sales, marketing and social media) to build the school’s reputation
- Managing expenditure items according to the school budget and to constantly seek to maximize the school’s profit potential
- Ensuring the school operations remain compliant with partner’s requirements
- Ensuring school premises and facilities are kept in a proper state of maintenance and repair
- Management of the college financials to ensure targets are met and forecasts produced in line with agreed timelines and annual budgets
- Management and development of the relationship with the partner university to facilitate increased progression options, strong marketing links and discussions around collaborative projects, where appropriate
- Overall allocation of resources within the college, working closely with the college Academic Director (when appointed) on staffing and timetabling
- Ensuring the quality of the student experience at the college from the point of confirmation of place to completion of studies
- Ensuring all quality assurance systems are properly implemented within the College, complying with KIC Academic Rules and Regulations and quality assurance systems
- Overseeing all local HR, especially day to day management of college staff and direct management of all senior staff in the college
- Leading the local development and establishment of new programs and products to maximise faciltiies usage and profit potential.
- Contributing, as part of the Senior Management Team, to the overall development of the US Pathway product globally
Desired Skills and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent qualification
- Postgraduate degree or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of US higher education systems
- An understanding of quality assurance systems
- Experience of leading teams and managing academic and administrative staff
- Ability to build rapport and work with people at all levels
- Knowledge of the needs of international students and experience of teaching and/or working with international students
- Strong presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good financial planning and management skills
- Proven commitment to delivering outstanding customer/student experience
- Ability to manage budgets
- Experience of working to targets
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.