Principal Security Expert at 9mobile
Posted on: 21 June, 2019
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at 9Mobile
9mobile, is a Nigerian private limited liability company. EMTS acquired a Unified Access Service License from the Nigerian Communications Commission in 2007. The License enables EMTS provide Fixed Telephony (wired or wireless), Digital Mobile Services, International Gateway Services and National/Regional Long Distance Services in addition to spectrum assignments in the 900 and 1800 MHz bands.
- Coordinate the provision of efficient and effective security services support to safeguard the EMTSs assets and personnel in the northern region.
- Advice on appropriate contingencies to ensure that EMTS business and assets are adequately secured and protected.
- Keep abreast of global and local best practice as it relates to the security activities.
- Continuously review the unit/ teams activities, make recommendations for improvement and implement approved improvement initiatives to ensure enhanced performance of the team.
- Identify required resources, personnel, infrastructure required to achieve the unit strategy.
- Maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders i.e. relevant security agencies (SSS, Nigerian Police, Army etc).
- Coordinate escort and Executive security operations in the northern region.
- Update the security policies and procedures on a regular basis in line with environmental realities and innovation.
- Monitor Service level Agreement (SLA) with security service providers in northern region.
- Conduct spot checks/ random site visit to all business locations within northern region.
- Train EMTS personnel in regional offices on security policies and procedures.
- Participate in the deployment of up-to-date security equipment for locations in northern region.
- Manage activities of security officers in assigned region ensuring optimal service delivery and compliance with stated policies and procedures.
- Monitor the effectiveness/efficiency of security systems on an on-going basis and proffer appropriate recommendation.
- Identify and recommend relevant security enhancement equipment (surveillance and electronic security systems), programs and initiatives to ensure the organizations assets are adequately protected
- Coordinate the processing of identity/access cards for all staff, visitors and contractors in the northern region.
- Manage and control access to EMTS facilities in the northern region.
- Ensure incidents and crisis are proactively and promptly identified, managed and mitigated effectively.
- Investigate and report on industrial accidents and recommend ways of preventing future occurrence.
- Plan and manage the human and material resources of the team/ function to optimize performance, morale and enhance productivity.
- Manage inter-functional relations to ensure synergy across the various departmental functions.
- Provide leadership and guidance to subordinates, monitoring performance towards the achievement of overall team objectives.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Director, Security
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Director, Security
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Postgraduate/ professional qualification in a related field will be an added advantage.
- Six (6) to eight (8) years work experience, with at least three (3) years in a supervisory role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to 9Mobile career website on careers.9mobile.com.ng to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about 9MobileSimilar Jobs
- Quality Control Officer at Electronic PayPlus Limited
- System and Network Engineer at Comercio Cloud Computing Limited
- SEO & Marketing Intern [NYSC] at FormPlus
- Audit / Quality Control Officer at Infravision Limited
- Web Developer at Les Gilles Limited
- B2B Sales / Account Management at SENRI Limited
- Latest Vacancies at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
- SME CIS Operations Assurance Officers at Ericsson Nigeria