Tenece Professional Services Limited ('Tenece') is a multi-competency enterprise transformation and technology-consulting firm that combines expertise and capabilities across many industries and business functions to deliver superior value to its clients. Tenece collaborates with its clients, both in the private and public sectors, to build high performance enterprises.
Job Purpose: The Internal Control and Compliance Officer is responsible for providing an independent evaluation of the activities of the Company and its related entities, centrally coordinating all audit and compliance activities within the companies and ensuring strict adherence to the Company’s internal policies and procedures as well as regulatory and statutory requirements in order to promote transparency and accountability, add significant value, enhance risk management, governance and compliance, improve operational efficiency, and strengthen the internal control systems within the operations.
- Conduct ongoing reviews of all operating procedures, company controls and compliance measures to determine any potential hazards or breaches of conduct
- Develop policies and procedures, ensure their implementation and monitor compliance.
- Review the soundness, effectiveness, and proper application of accounting and financial controls, audits, compliance procedures and controls and timeliness of documentation generation
- Create a yearly internal review plan with senior management
- Carry out investigations and disciplinary sitting where required and must be objective in judgement
- Assessing the adequacy of asset safeguards, and monitoring proprietary systems or applications to prevent unauthorized access.
- Report all findings to management with recommendations for improvement, and upon their approval, implement strategies to induce such change. Identify areas of financial and administrative strengths and weaknesses and develop best practices.
- Train staff on best practices
- Serve as a liaison to external audit agencies; staying current on relevant regulatory changes in
state or federal law
- Good oral and written communication Skills
- Must be able to work interdependently with a team and have the flexibility to thrive in an ever-changing and sometimes loosely structured environment.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable regulatory requirements, accounting procedures and Microsoft Office software is a plus.
- Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Business administration.
- Minimum Experience: 3 -5years experience in a reputable external auditing firm or internal controls capacity in a similar firm.
- A professional certification; Certified Internal Controls Auditor or ICAN/ACCA.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below