Solidarites International (SI) is a French humanitarian organisation operating for over 35 yearswho is committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: water, food and shelter.
Location: Dikwa, Borno
Beginning of contract: ASAP
Contract duration: 6 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 2 months
Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable
- The MEAL TL is the focal point for collection and documentation of monitoring and evaluation information.
- He/she supports the programme teams through monitoring, data collection, data processing, mapping and analysis of the information.
- He/she provides technical support and training to the field staffs, participates to the roll out of the accountability framework and contributes to internal knowledge building.
- He/she coordinates a team of monitoring agents for data collection, context monitoring and do no harm analysis.
Monitoring and evaluation:
- Centralize / follow-up creation and update of monitoring plans.
- Contribute to the revision of monitoring and evaluation tools and train program team on design and proper use of it.
- Participate into data analysis and writing of monitoring and evaluation reports.
- Participate to the follow-up of recommendations.
- Propose cross cutting monitoring activities to improve the quality of the response.
- Ensure MEAL team weekly planning and follow up.
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Manager.
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions.
- Participate to the revision of monthly APU.
Data management and mapping:
- Centralize and organize all data on program.
- Support program team regarding the preparation of database frames based on questionnaires and other data collection tools.
- Provide methodological support to the programme teams to ensure timely and high quality data entry and processing.
- Provide project related figures and monitoring follow up as requested by coordination.
- Maintain a library of maps produced by SI as well as other stakeholders.
Institutional Knowledge Building:
- Follow up on the Internal Knowledge Building plan and provide data for IKB documents (activity forms etc.).
Human Resources management:
- Participate in validating recruitment of his team.
- Manage and support the team under his/her responsibility.
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly.
- Evaluate the performances of his/her team members.
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her line manager and the administrative service.
- Enforce safety procedures.
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team.
Reporting / communication / representation:
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report to his/her project manager.
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack.
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields.
- Represent SI when asked to do so.
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams.
- Support the coordination and program team in the preparation of visual supports needed for presentation materials.
- Participate to reinforce understanding of SI fields of action, principles and modus operandi by the program teams and populations.
- Ensure that tools and files are properly archived and secured.
- Participate into learning workshops.
- Training: University degree in Statistics/Methods of Data Collection/Observational Studies.
- Competency in Excel (data input, basic analysis, etc)
- Competency in and experience with data collection tools (Kobo)
- Experience with food security and livelihood (FSL) programmes (not essential but preferable)
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector)
- Languages: English, Kanori, Haussa, Shua (additional languages a plus)
- Personal qualities: reliable, honest, very good organization, resistance to stress, good interpersonal skills (communication), team player, capacity to delegate and to manage, initiative and autonomy, capacity of prioritsation of tasks
Salary and Conditions
In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
go to method of application »
Location: Ngala, Borno
Beginning of Contract: ASAP
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension)
Probation period: 1 month
- Under the supervision of the WatSan TL, the officer will lead and supervise work projects, respecting deadlines and technical requirements
- The Water and Sanitation officer will be in charge of implementing and following-up the construction of block or shared family latrines and showers in the host community and IDP camps. According to the methodology of the organisation and the context, the activities will be directly implemented by Solidarites International or subcontracted
- The Sanitation and Water officer will be in charge of supervising the drilling or rehabilitation of water points, using his expertise and technical knowledge.
List of Main Responsibilities
Set-up and Operational Monitoring:
- Under the supervision of the Watsan Team Leader, take part in logistical and administrative organization and the planning and preparation of job sites
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction work using Solidarités International tools (in particular):
- Take part in the identification of sites where work is to be carried out
- Recruit and train the workforce and daily workers
- Allocate the on-site workforce according to instructions given by the team leader
- Carry out work according to technical guidelines and estimates
- Respect deadlines established with his/her line manager
- Supervise operational teams, contractors and/or communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Organize, plan and supervise community participation
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of his/her activity and propose solutions to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report to the project manager and/or team leader on the state of decentralized stock (‘field’ stock) on his/her sites.
- Take part to the evaluation of the technical competence of contractors
- Respect Solidarités administrative procedures before, during and after each work project
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/ her supervision and by the population
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her team leader and/or project manager
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of his/her team leader
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the team leader regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that he/she has been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarités programs or safety issues
- Listen to the local population and authorities in order to identify any needs, complaints, or major events which could affect the activities of Solidarités
- Analyze the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration
- Take part in restitution meetings and clusters on request
- Professional experience: 1 year of experience in similar position (NGO/Private or Public sector) and/or strong operational background
- Languages: English, Haussa, Kanuri (Shuwa and/or Fulani a strong plus)
- Detail oriented, follows protocol, reliable, honest, very good organization, multi-tasking, team player
- Knowledge of practical field notions : stock report, concrete mixing, plumbing sizing
- Mastery of project cycle management: Ability to report efficiently (oral and written) and to plan and lead a working site
- Proficiency in at least one technical domain = Civil engineering / geology / hydrology
- Ability to manage a team, daily workers and to deal with a wide range of stakeholders (contractans, authorities etc..)
- Microsoft Office (advanced Excel and Word skills), Autocad, Epanet, Kobo Collect, ODK
Salary and conditions
- In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
- Delocalized status and related benefits: Applicable.
go to method of application »
Beginning of Contract: ASAP
Contract Duration: 3 months (with possibility of extension) – Probation period: 1 month
Salary And Conditions: In accordance with SI’s Terms of Employment; for national staff in Nigeria
Goal and Purpose
- The WatSan Team Leader will coordinate a team of Water and Sanitation officer in order to set up the Water and Sanitation activities, ensuring that Solidarités International technical recommendations and procedures are followed.
List of Main Tasks:
Setting Up The Activities /Control And Supervision:
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her Line manager:
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers...)
- Plan tool and material needs (request from stock)
- Anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means...)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her Line manager
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her Line manager, as well as Solidarités procedures, are followed
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her Line manager
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions
Logistics and Administration:
- When recruiting daily workers, follow procedures and directives outlined by his/her Line manager and the administrative service
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the available tools correctly
- Track usage with monitoring tools provided
- Enforce safety procedures
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material delivered to working sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on site
Reporting / Communication:
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived in the Solidarités office, accessible to his/her Team Leader and/or line manager
- Draw up and submit a weekly task report (which should include progress made by the team) to his/her line manager
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relations with local participants and communities (populations) in the operational fields
- Listen to the populations and local participants in the field and report to his/her line manager any non-technical or safety-related issues which could affect the activities or safety of Solidarités International teams
- Professional experience: 2 years of experience in similar position (Supervisor, Team Leader, etc.) in NGO/Private or Public sector.
- Languages: English, Kanuri, Hausa, Shua (additional languages a plus)
- Team working skills
- Good time management skills
- Good communication skills
- BSc/HND Civil and Water resources engineering or related field
- Good knowledge of planning, implementing and evaluating shelters project
- IT skills: Excel, Word, Outlook, AutoCAD
Method of Application
- When the above link opens, select "MEAL Team Leader Dikwa", fill the form and attach your CV.
- The CV attached must be named with your name and surname.
- As position is required as soon as possible, Solidarites International reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
Interested and qualified? Go to Solidarites International career website on docs.google.com to apply