Careers at APM Terminals
Posted on: 28 May, 2014
Deadline: 5 June, 2014
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at APM Terminals
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
At APM Terminals, the results you deliver matter. We will give you lots of responsibility right from the start and plenty of opportunities to achieve your full potential. For all of our employees, we offer fair, competitive compensation and rewards which include continuous development opportunities. Since our talented employees are the foundation of our company culture and our success, we reward performance in a way that promotes continued achievement.
Job Code Ref: AT-046850
- Value and team-based leadership.
- An open and engaging working environment.
- A wide range of international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for personal and professional growth in a dynamic environment.
- Competitive compensation packages
- Find reliable sources to supply goods and services
- Contact suppliers to obtain information on price, quality and delivery capabilities for goods and services required.
- Check supplier operations at point of supply or on site
- Procure capital items / consumables in accordance with company policy
- Process departmental purchase requests and ensure adherence to user department requirement
- Prepare periodic reconciliation of purchased items
- Review requisitions submitted by departments to determine proper pricing and quality control
- Place orders for purchases and ensure proper follow up for timely delivery
- Conduct / prepare periodic market survey / reports for price comparison
- Perform other duties as assigned from time to time
- Processing and tracking of form M for shipments
- Customs duty processing and ensuring payment made on time with payables
- Tracking of Cargotec Kalmar and Liebherr invoices and ensuring payments are made before due date as per payment terms of our frame Agreement;
- Weekly report on status of purchase orders with the CFO
- Updating the procurement plan/savings for the year so far on Ariba for Regional Managers to see
- Checking the invoiced rates of freight forwards against agreed rates
- Processing of import permit letter for SONCAP exemption for smooth process for sea freight shipment
- Sending bi-weekly reports to freight forwards and internal user departments on shipment processing and status of purchase orders
- Preparing monthly purchase requisition, purchase order and goods received report to finance manager
- Tracking and processing container deposit refunds
- Ensuring Frame agreements are adhered to
- Ensuring DHL invoices are paid on time to avoid withholding of our shipments
Who we are looking for
- Requires a university degree in Accounting/Business Administration or any related course.
- Requires at least two to four years of experience in Administration/purchasing.
- Must be able to exercise good judgment in order to set priorities.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the contractual terms, conditions and requirements and the particular job to be performed by the Contractor
Method of Application
Interested candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about APM TerminalsSimilar Jobs
- Procurement and Sourcing Analyst at Maersk Line
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Regional Account Manager at American AirSea Cargo
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics
- Information Technology Support Officer at Conote Services Limited
- Accounting Jobs at Josepdam Port Services (JPS)
- Warehouse Manager at The Afriglobal Group