FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries, all 50 U.S. states and all U.S. territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position
The Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Officer, under the supervision of the State Coordinator and additional supervision from the M&E Advisor based in Abuja, will be responsible for working with state and LGA level health authorities, health facilities and other partners in the state to strengthen malaria M&E. He/she will also be responsible for collation and analysis of MAPS specific data in additional to building capacity of government counterpart at the state level to do the same.The M&EO may be expected to spend at least 10% of his/her time in the SMoH DPRS, 10% at the State Malaria Control Program office, 40% at LGA providing oversight as required and 40% at the MAPS Oyo office.
- Provide technical support to health facilities in ensuring that data are accurately captured, analyzed on monthly basis, used for decision making and reported to the LGA according to set guidelines.
- Support the LGA and SMCP in ensuring that data from health facilities are accurately collated and reported according to set guidelines.
- Facilitate training and supportive supervision of data officers in the states and LGAs on the use of the data collection tools, data quality assurance and the DHIS.
- Provide technical support and mentoring in the use and trouble shooting of DHIS at the LGAs (where there is DHIS) and SMCP.
- The MEO will also conduct quarterly DQA in selected health facilities in collaboration with the LGA focal persons and SMCP officer.
- Support data management during LLIN campaign and provide technical assistant on LLIN data tracking and reporting system.
- Work closely with other MAPS state officers in collation and storage of data and reports of MAPS activities.
- Actively participate in the state monthly M&E meeting and ensure meeting objectives are met.
- Participate in operational research and scientific documentation as applicable in the state under the guidance of the Country Office team
- Any other duty assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- Degree in any of the social sciences, a postgraduate degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Statistics or Demography will be an added advantage.
- Three years relevant working experience; in M&E and application of DHIS for data management is required.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working in monitoring and evaluation of Malaria control programs.
go to method of application »
The IT Officer will provide support and maintenance to MAPS project’s computer and network infrastructure to ensure stable operations. S/he will implement new IT solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity and will maintain/support implemented systems to ensure high end-user satisfaction.
- Monitor and troubleshoot Server Systems and Networks, automated backup and restore operations and mission critical applications such as email, file/print services and other line of business applications to allow IT respond proactively to emerging problems and perform ongoing IT “housekeeping” functions.
- Perform installations of operating systems, layered products, and third party products for multi-user computer systems that host corporate applications, databases and websites.
- Assist and perform software installations and upgrades as required.
- Provide IT training on a periodic basis to FHI 360 (MAPS) Nigeria staff and partner organizations.
- Perform daily and periodic backups of all data on the servers.
- Ensure timely updates to Server and Client Systems. Study and apply Security patches and other updates or service packs as required.
- Make periodic visits to field offices to provide troubleshooting support, advise and build the capacity of FHI 360 (MAPS) Nigeria staff and partners in order to maintain their computers at a reasonable level of operation.
- Work closely with developers and end users to ensure implementations match requirements.
- Provide on-going training to end-users and update of user manuals.
- Design, code and debug applications in various software languages.
- Perform software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis, software review, identification of code metrics, system risk analysis, and software reliability analysis.
- Perform software testing and quality assurance
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.E Electrical Electronics/BSc Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent with 3 – 5 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- MEng. Engineering/MSc Information Technology, Computer Science or its recognized equivalent, and 1 – 3 years post national youth service relevant experience.
- Candidate must possess Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience with a multi-site network (at least 3 sites) with a minimum of 200 users is highly desirable.
Method of Application
FHI 360's Career Center at http://www.fhi360.org/careers or through the Employment section at www.fhi360.orgPlease submit CV/resume and cover letter including salary requirements. Please specify source in your application.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran with respect to policies, programs, or activities.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.