Jesuit Memorial College (JMC) is Catholic boarding secondary school in Port Harcourt, Nigeria for boys and girls. Open to all, Christians and non-Christians, it is owned and run by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). It was opened in 2013 in memory of 60 students of Loyola Jesuit College, Abuja, Nigeria who died in Sosoliso plane crash of 10 December 2005. JMC provides a well-rounded education in terms of conscience, competence, commitment and compassion.
- The Home Economics Teacher will plan, prepare and deliver instructions in Home Economics in accordance with the Nigerian National Policy for Education and regulations of Jesuit Memorial College.
- The teacher will cover effectively and efficiently every item in the scheme of work in use in the school while also teaching the students all they need to know in every day life in relation to Home Economics.
- Over and above all, every teacher in Jesuit Memorial College is a role model to the students.
- B.Ed (Home Economics) or its equivalent is required. Any higher degree or qualification, especially in the field of Home Economics is an advantage.
- At least 2 years teaching experience in a similar role. Any other experience relating to Home Economics is an advantage.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, good command of English Language, good understanding of adolescent psychology, good interpersonal skills, a team player, ability to work effectively with minimum supervision, proficiency in use of office suites like Microsoft Word and Power Point.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, Curriculum Vitae (in Microsoft Word or PDF formats) scanned credentials and attestation letters from their referees by email to the "Human Resources Manager" via: firstname.lastname@example.org and copied to the "Principal" via: email@example.com
Hard copies of the above mentioned documents may be submitted at the school gate:
Jesuit Memorial College,
Elipokwoudu Road, Mbodo, Aluu,