UNICEF’s mission in Nigeria is to help governments at all levels, organizations, communities and families provide every child with education, health, equality and protection.
UNICEF Nigeria is recruiting to fill the position of:
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-17-2014
Post Title: Health Officer
level: National Officer (NOB)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
location: Multiple duty Stations (Borno, Katsina and Sokoto)
UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of an experienced Health Officer who will provides professional technical assistance and support for programme/project design, planning. implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and administration of programme/project activities, including data analysis, progress reporting, knowledge networking and capacity building, in support of achievement of planned objectives of the work plan, aligned with Health programme goals and strategy.
Qualifications and Competencies required:
- University degree in Health, Public Health, Global/International Health, Health Policy & Management, Environmental Health, Family Health, Health Research, Biostatistics, Socio-medical Sciences, EpidemiOlogy, Health Education, Health Promotion and Disease Prevention, Educational Interventions in Health Care, Demography, Social Sciences, Medicine, Nursing, or a field Iifllevant to international public health developmentassistance,
- Two years of professional work experience in Professional work experience in a programme
- Fluency in oral and written English is required
- Knowledge of theories and practices in related fields
- Analytican, conceptual and communication
- Commitmentto continuous learning for professional development
- Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF's mission and professional values
go to method of application »
Vacancy number: VN-NGR-19-2014
Post Title: Health Specialist, Cold Chain and Logistics
level: National Professional (NOO)
Contract Type: Fixed Term
Duration: Two years
The successful candidate will manage the supply logistics operations of health/immunization program delivery, services, supply and logistic, processes and systems, requiring advanced' professrons] techniCal mastery and expertise in support of operations and programme Objectives. Accountable for effective planning, procurement, distribution, monitoring and inventory management of immunization program supplies, in support of the Health Section, implementation monitoring and evaluation of health programmes.
Qualifications and Competencies
- University Degree in physical sciences'Or engii1eerlpg and Advanced Degree in a related area of study
- Equivalent educational qualification in relevant areas (transportortation, logistics operations/mmangement, supply management)
- Five years of relevant professional work experience at national providing technical support in the area of logistics, supply chain management, cold chain and similar activities.
- Fluency in English is a requirement.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management preferably in a developing country context
- Mastery of technical knowledge (product knowledge. market research/analysis) required for Supply
- Management/Purchasing/Contracting (e.g., vaccine, equipment, medical supplies, contracts, customs function. taxation, insurance, etc.)
- Knowledge of managing inventory, transport, and diverse logistics operations (e.g programme supply & logistics) in the international environment
- Knowledge of supply/contracting/logistics policies, goals, strategies, and approaches
- Knowledge of public procurement principles and processes
- Knowledge of procurement process from procurement planning, to execution to contract management and administration, including procurement methods and tools of good procurement practice
- Knowledge of establishing strategic, long term and sustainable procurement arrangements
- Krtowledge of general pnnciptes and processes involved in risk management in procurement, including risk analysis and evaluation techniques
- Knowledge of financial and legal implications in procurement process
- Knowledge of category management.
Method of Application
Candidates interested in the above position should submit his/her application, accompanied by updated CV in English and a completed United Nations Personal History Form, (which can be downloaded from our website at www.unicef.org/employ to the email address below on or before Tuesday, 03 June 2014.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Please put the position title you are applying for on the subject line of your email.
UNICEF, a smoke-free environment, is committed to gender equality in its mandate and its staff. Well qualified candidates, particularly women are strongly encouraged to apply.