MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
MTN Nigeria is recruiting to fill the below position:
• Coordinate the IN/prepaid Engineers to ensure effective technical feasibility studies and impact analysis for new features and services within the IN environment.
• Supervise network architecture and topology planning strategies and provide service capability for IN/Prepaid deployments.
• Supervise and justify the timely provisioning of Network capacity for all the IN, Charging System (CS) 3.0 Nodes, features, and protocols.
• Supervise the IN/Prepaid network architecture/topology planning to sustain the growth of the IN in terms of traffic, subscribers and value added service capacity.
• Perform technical investigations into issues related to IN design and performance, such as new types of hardware, new design methodologies, and charging impact of new technologies (GPRS, EDGE, WIMAX, SIGTRAN).
• Identify new software requirements and participate in developing specifications for all custom software tools.
• Evaluate the functionality and relevance of new IN/Prepaid feature deliveries and correction packages.
• Supervise and maintain processes for IN/Prepaid Tele-Traffic analysis for efficient network modeling and hardware dimensioning.
• Coordinate and provide end-to-end integration plan and input requirements for deployment of new Prepaid/IN Nodes.
• Supervise the update, review of Network architecture/topology and IN documents.
• Ensure Processor-Load is not above recommended level, and develop a de-load strategy in situation of high Processor-Load on all IN/Prepaid nodes.
• Maintain relationship with key vendors.
• Maintain all Network KPIs and ensure they are within acceptable limits.
• Track and monitor the generation of Network KPIs and operating system support (OSS) reflects the actual Live IN/Prepaid Nodes on the Network.
• Liaise with Pre Paid Support and Data Configuration Group (DCG) and ensure timely implementation of service request change (SRC) to support optimization within the IN/Prepaid layer.
• Normal MTNN working conditions
• May be required to work extended hours/weekends
• Working in an open plan office
• At Least 4 years experience in GSM environment, with emphasis on IN operations and planning
• Experience in interfacing with vendors and equipment suppliers
• Experience in multi-vendor network operations
• Experience in interpreting and aligning different vendors’ network/product roadmap towards delivering MTNN’s business goals
• Project Management Methodology experience
• CS 3.0 System Administration
• UNIX Sun Solaris System Admin
• Oracle and Sybase Relational Database
• AXE Intelligent network overview
• GSM Network Planning-Core Network
• GSM Mobile Soft Switch (MSS)
• GSM Network Planning- Node HW Dimensioning
• New technologies seminar / training
• Project Management Methodology
• Network Management Tools
Minimum qualification: BSc
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.